Does the following exist?

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm looking for an arc AAA like light that runs on a cr123. I want a low powered light that has the beam pattern of the AAA. Is there anything out there?

Thanks,

Nick

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nick,

Could you be a little more specific. How do you define an "AAA like light" and what beam pattern are you looking for?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nick,

I asked a similar question a little while ago and was informed that the Peak McKinley comes in a 1 x 5 mm LED configuration. I confirmed that this was the case at the shot show.

-Goatee

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Peak Rainier is a very bright single cell RCR123a light, especially for its size. However, if you use regular cr123a cells [not the rechargable 3.7v ones the light normally uses] you will get 12 hours of light with a similar overall output as an Arc AAA. This beam would probably have more throw though.

The review at Flashlight Reviews is here:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/cpfpeak/
Username: cpf
Password: peakaboo

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
Nick,

I asked a similar question a little while ago and was informed that the Peak McKinley comes in a 1 x 5 mm LED configuration. I confirmed that this was the case at the shot show.

-Goatee
Are you sure it's the McKinley? I only ask because all my
McKinley's have 7 LED. :)

Last edited:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
nmiller said:
Hello,

I'm looking for an arc AAA like light that runs on a cr123. I want a low powered light that has the beam pattern of the AAA. Is there anything out there?

Thanks,

Nick

Yes it does, Not the bright, high current draw lights that have been mentioned here. It was made by Peak and I picked one up here used on B/S/T for the same reasons you expressed. I wanted the flood and dim light of an ARC-AAA with insane run time! I wish I knew the name, there are no markings on the light. It's an all red body with black head and black lug. Maybe some others here will know what it was called. I will try to post a pic later.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
MARNAV1 said:
Are you sure it's the McKinley? I only ask because all my
McKinley's have 7 LED. :)

I am not completely sure, but I am very confident that it was the McKinley that another CPF'r indicated was available from Peak in a 1 LED configuration. I can't remember who it was, but they said that this light was not in Peaks website but that it was available.

I have it in mind to check because I want to get one; I just have not done so yet.

-Goatee

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio,

That looks like that is a mod job. Is it stock???

Paulr,

I like the Tektite. I'm going to hold off for now to see if we can figure out what the peak is, but I'll probably try to pick up one of each. Thanks!

Last edited: