I'm addicted!

schwim

Newly Enlightened
Went with the wife on Thursday to the shooting range/gun shop and signed up for a tactical class after popping off some rounds. While there, we were introduced to Surefire lights, as the shop is a dealer. The class requires each student to have a light.

Since getting home that evening through this afternoon, I have been mezmorized by flashlights and have been on this sight, the Fenix-Store and Surefire sites, as well as BatteryJunction.com. The best light I currently own is an old Minimag (aside from an awesome Salvo 21W HID dive light).

So far I have purchased 4 new lights and don't know if I can stop!

The new lights include:
1. A new L4 from BatteryJunction
2. A slightly used M2 (sale is pending on this site)
3. A P1D-CE from Fenix-Store
4. An L2D-CE preorder from Fenix-Store.

Can't wait to get the new toys in. I really want an L5, but will wait for the Cree upgrade. Holy cow, this stuff is addicting!
grinser2.gif

kooter

Enlightened
I used to be addicted to G shock watches, this is way more addictive. Selling my watches and buying lights now. When will it stop. :grin2:

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see we captured another victim. Welcome to the light. I really got sucked into this when I was introduced to a SureFire 6P 2 years ago. Then I found CPF, and I've been here ever since.

schwim

Newly Enlightened
9.6L_11.jpg
Price: $US 1200.00
rnddot.gif
rnddot.gif

Details:
-9 Amp NIMH Battery Providing 240 Mins.(+/-5%)of Burntime
-21 Watt HID with 1500 Lumen Output @ 6500 Kelvin
- New Dry Lid is completely sealed to prevent water intrusion due to cut cord or switch boot.
-Dry Weight 7 lbs.(3.2kg) 3 lbs(1.36 kg) Negitive
-Recharge Time from Complete Discharge 5 hours
-Universal Input Charger. US Input Cord Provided, UK and
European Input Cord Available.
-Canister and Head Machined from Solid Rod Delrin
-10.75"(272mm) Length, 2.75"(69mm) Diameter

You guys ever see anything like this?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am a flashaholic too!! I love lights, what can I say?! I know that there is no cure.

coppertrail

Enlightened
Wow, and I thought I was bad :) . You're a "race horse out of the starting gate" type flashaholic.

You'll like the L4, I've had one for about a month now. The P1D CE is great as well, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of my L2C CE. Welcome to the insanity!!

Majord

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post and I too have an addiction! This is hilarious to me. I recently bought a new flashlight for hunting. It was a simple Coast light. I am as green as they come when it comes to "flashlight technology". I wound up giving it to my uncle (he loved it!) during a hunting trip to the U.P. of Michigan. I went to replace it and I picked up a Surefire 9P. That wasn't enough. Then an Inova XO. Now I'm already looking at another and I haven't even thrown out the packaging from the other two! :laughing: I have been reading and reading and shopping. I thought I must be nuts getting this into flashlights. Now I realize that I'm not alone. I would have never guessed. I feel a whole lot better now. As a matter of fact I think that I will have to run out and buy another light!

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Majord and schwim. Take things slow. There seem to be great changes afoot and you'll never be satisfied.

Geoff

fixman88

Newly Enlightened
I've been a flashoholic since long before I knew there was such a thing! I remember buying 5 dollar penlights back when I was little (in the 80s), but one of my greatest flashlight memories was this black rechargable light my grandfather had around 1980. The back half unplugged from the front half and you would plug the back half directly into a power outlet to recharge it! After 8 hours or so you would just plug the two halves back together again. I think it was made by Ray-O-Vac but I'm not sure. That's what probably got me started. The closest I have to that light is my Eveready SuperCharge LED rechargable; the bottom 1/4th of it comes off to reveal the AC plug and you pull down a hinged panel on the side and turn it sideways to reconnect it to the rest of the light. You then plug the whole thing into the wall outlet. Since it uses a Nimh battery leaving it plugged in isn't an issue. It's very cool! ;)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a really nice divelight I bet it uses a Welchyn Allyn bulb although thats a little expensive for what it is. Could easily make something almost identical with a small lathe.

Now I want a lather, Btw happy flahoholism I hope you enjoy the ride.

Nereus

Enlightened
Ok, let me tell you how your disease will progress...

Now you are like this :rock: but soon your addiction will turn out to be very expensive :takeit: :paypal: :broke: and your significant other gives you "feedback" because of using all the family money and time to flashlights :whoopin:

But you do not care, instead you escape to the comfortable, caring and above all understanding atmosphere of CPF :grouphug: Sometimes you visit the world outside CPF trying to convince outsiders that a regular John Smith a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y needs 36 top-quality flaslights worth 6854,87 USD. But the reaction of JS is :eeksign: and you can not convert him :banghead:

So your flashlight escapism kicks in more and more often and you start to spend 20 hours per day in CPF... no sleep :sleepy: , no food :popcorn: , no social activity with outsiders :buddies: not even a visit to :toilet: , only hanging around in CPF. There is only one exception: on salary day you buy new flashlights... but you HIDE them because those damned outsiders simply do not understand :xyxgun:

Finally you see no sunlight because of too much hanging in CPF, actually you become afraid of it :aaa: You lose the healthy colour in your face :faint: not to mention the fact that your physical health collapses completely :sweat: But you do not care since you have found the meaning of life, flashlights... the thing that makes you tick, your psychoactive stimulant :drunk:

Finally Lumileds releases 10000 lumen per watt led :kiss: but it turns out to be only paper release and the led will not be delivered until 2742, fifth quarter, starting with very low bins only. That drives you completely mad and everything goes :poof: and you die. At the gates of heaven you are told that with such an impressive illuminative equipment you have to go to hell :devil: where it is very dark.

So welcome and enjoy your time! ;)

-N

Last edited: