• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Failed mod parts (Mag-LED PR, Cree, Lux III). [TRADED]

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tryed to mod this Mag-LED module with a Cree XR-E but an accident fried the circuit. The Cree still works but is stuck on this PR module. The Lux 3 (unknown bin) was on the module before.

How much would you pay for this including shipping? I may take the best offer! I paid 9$ for the Cree + 28$CAD (I know it's too much) for the Mag-LED module.

Thanks!

img2210py7.jpg

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: Failed mod parts (Mag-LED PR, Cree, Lux III). How much would you pay for this?

No feeler threads WildChild! Must be revised with a firm asking price!
:) john
EDIT: It looks like you revised it slightly...

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Failed mod parts (Mag-LED PR, Cree, Lux III). How much would you pay for this?

So say $32.60 USD in parts you got there. You're selling it for that price, or best offer. :)

Hehe.

I guess the IC chip or transistor blew on it...

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll send you a working 2cell magled module for your parts.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

pm replied. If it were me I'd just get another 2cell module and try again. Just swap the driver boards.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know about this. The problem is that Mag-LED drop-in are priced 28$ CAD here... :S And ordering from USA will probably be the same price if I have to add shipping price. So I would lose less if I sell the working parts for someone who will be able to mod it in its current state. By the way, I contacted Maglite to know if they sell circuit board explaining them the situation! I expect a "go **** yourself" but who know? ;)

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

WE have a deal. My module for your failed experiment. I'll ship this off today, It's already packaged and addressed!

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Failed mod parts (Mag-LED PR, Cree, Lux III). [EXCHANGED]

Everything will be shipped tomorrow! Enjoy and thanks again!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hell yeah Canadian mail kicks ***! I can't believe how fast that was and my package had a head start on yours.

I put a working driver board in the module and fired it up. Its not noticeably brighter, has a much smaller hot spot and appears whiter than the original. Its hotspot is brighter so the throw is improved. My girlfriend commented that it looked like a white laser when I fired it outside.

The most striking part of the "upgrade" was the current measured at the tail cap. The original required me to switch to the amp vs. milliamp setting; it measured 1.1 amps once it warmed up. The Cree barely topped 300 milliamps and only stayed there for a few seconds. Runtime should be three times longer! I wish it was three times brighter instead.

This is my first introduction to the cree emitters. I have to say I'm impressed with the lower heat, way better efficiency and whiter brighter light.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I noticed almost everything. Brighter, whiter, less heat (dims a lot less over time). I just haven't checked about the current! I'm glad you are happy with it. It was an easy mod? ;) It's just disappointing that a small accident killed the board on my side. Just a bad solder joint that disconnected. Else everything was perfect... Still I'm happy with the trade you offered me since Mag-LED drop-in are really expensive here and this way I had less losses. Oh I also notice that flood focus was also useless with the Cree. It doesn't make the spill brighter, just create a BIG hole. Hehe!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote: The problem is that Mag-LED drop-in are priced 28$ CAD here

Thats nothing compared to the price of a 2 Cell Mag-LED Module in Australia
Try $69.00

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
Quote: The problem is that Mag-LED drop-in are priced 28$ CAD here

Thats nothing compared to the price of a 2 Cell Mag-LED Module in Australia
Try $69.00

$69 AUD? WOW! This is ridiculous. The transport price doesn't inflate the price that much! Maglite is a thief!

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the importer but this is ridiculous. As it is in Canada with almost everything that I can get for cheaper from USA or oversea. Even if I have to pay taxes from customs (including a 5$ overhead for the "tax service"), it's still cheaper most of the time... And I'm not talking about distributors sending goods in lot, I'm talking about stores selling them at units level and already making profit on them lol. I still have a part of profit I could do by selling them again locally.