50 MB Business Card CD-R

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Silviron,

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to do a little more looking into this. In concept it sound good, but if it won't play, I would be better off with a full sized CD.

Thanks,
Tom

Saaby

Flashaholic
I've got some Mini CD-Rs and I love them
tongue.gif

Another good friend at school got himself a spindle and we put all our projects on them (Making sure to add MP3s and videos of dancing Saabs to fill them up)

We're such trendsetters
winkie.GIF

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a bunch of them (similar, anyway) a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, they won't work in all cd roms / CDR CDRWs.

They seem to work pretty well in the players that have the snap on center post rather than just a tray. (most commonly found in laptops), although because they are not completely round they can vibrate badly, especially in the really high speed units.

I have only been able to get them to play in about 1/3 of the desk-top computer CDs (that have the tray rather than the center post) I have tried them in, and have tried to record in five different desk top cd-r and cdrw with no luck at all.

They work well in my new laptop which has a DVD /RW and on my desktop DVD drive even though it is a cheapie. They won't even play in my desktop CD/RW though.

Have had better luck with the 180 mb mini-cds which are the same diameter but don't have the top and bottom clipped off.

Better to try just a small quantity to see if they will work for you before making any big plans for them.

Some cd players don't have the little recess for the smaller disks in their tray. You haven't a prayer of making them work in that kind.