Dang i just thought of this

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
One time i was playing poker at a friends house, we were there for about 2 hours when someone noticed on the floor a small circuit board, he said "woah, whats that" my friends girlfriend, whos house it was said "Oh one of the dogs must have eaten the remote again" so the guy said, "that sucks" we contine playing cards. About an hour and a half later he gets up to leave and says "I cant find my keys" then he sees the keys on the floor says "oh $**T" AS HE NOTICES the remote for his car is split open, the circuit board he saw was from the inside of his keyless entry..THATS PRICELESS

Arkayne

Enlightened
My puppy chewed up a new pair of expensive Oakley's. I wasn't to happy about that. He did get my car alarm remote once but I heard the *clack crunk crunk crick* sound of him chewing on it and I recovered it before it went to pieces.

goldenlight

Enlightened
JoshuaFl said:
Thats very very sad. Those things are expensive!

Actually, you can pick up brand new, factory remotes, with programming instructions, on eBay, for less than $20. When I got my 2005 Pontiac Vibe, I realized that the remotes likely wouldn't last with all the stuff I carry in my pockets; and I usually keep cars 10-15 years. I picked up 2 extra remotes.

GM charges $106/ea, but programming is 'free'.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your friend should take the dog to a vet. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Dog ate a TV remote and then died 6 months later of intestinal cancer. That poor dog. He may regret it when he tries to pass it out the other end!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
dogs are retarded and dirty but oh so cute when they are puppies.

this thread reminded me that I had a remote for my GF car that never worked. I looked up online how to program it and now she has two working remotes! I'm so handy.