lOOKING FOR CASE / SHEATH FOR INOVA X5

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a CHEAP case /sheath for an inova X5 and XO. I don't plan to carry it so the case / sheath doesn't have to have a belt loop or anything, it's more for storage so it should fit almost entirely inside. Again, looking for something inexpensive that it will fit in.

Illum

Flashaholic
erm....the X5 pkgs nowadays comes only with a lanyard...I dunno when they made the change but when my x5 came there was no holster

yekim

Enlightened
I have mine stuffed in a JetBEam sheath....I think a L1T sheath would be about the same judging from the L2T sheath.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
tenfour said:
black PVC pipe + 2 fittings + a sock = ~$2-3 total :grin2:

FWIW, black PVC pipe is actually called ABS. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't want him to look wierd asking for black ABS.

I use this case on my belt, but it would work well as a general case as well. It fits a great variety of flashlights including my X5 of XO.
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1500

wwglen

Enlightened
Glock40 said:
I have used an old mini mag case. Snug fit but will work for storage.

I also do this. A little tight at first but loosens up after a few days of carrying.

Only problem I had was it accidentally turning on due to me NOT backing off the threads enough. With it in the case you can not tell if it is on until you try to use it and find it is dead.

wwglen

dark

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a couple X5s a few weeks ago, one came with lanyard/no holster the other came with holster/no lanyard. I'm not sure if it's random or just manufacturer inconsistency(I was under the impression it came with both), but none the less I wrote Inova and they are sending one of each, pretty nice of them.

Last edited: