polishing titanium

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
how to polish titanium,i have seen so many polished light ,but how do they do it,i have a crawford credit card knife. it has been gharged i want it shinny.how do i do that. thanks john

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have to start with some very fine grade wet and dry sand paper first and work your way up the grades if the card has a rough finish on it. Then possibly a cream cut and polish before the final buff up. I know Kenster would have some good tips for you as he has done some fine work.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used Autosol metal polish on mine. ( Halfords, £3.99 ).

A polishing wheel on a minidrill and then by hand with a cloth. Came up sparkling.

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out modding section of www.bit-tech.net good info on polishing I believe if searched there are also some polish topics on here. You would benefit from a buffer so you can just apply polish to the buffing wheel then just go at it holding the light, knife, w/e

deuscoup

Newly Enlightened
just googled "crawford...."

Nifty little knife. I wonder if it would make it through an airport check point. Forget I asked. Just not worth it.

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Flitz for me also. Works great.
thumbsup.gif

I use it by hand or with a Dremel.
Does a nice job also on gold, silver, and stainless steel
for me.

Flashlight Enthusiast
If flitz is made for jewelry it may not polish Ti very well, you will be looking for a polish designed for hard metals, like tool steels, you could try 2000 grit wet sanding it using a drill or lathe to spin it, I get good results also steel wool can be used to get some nice shine you'd be surprised.