Roll call

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plan is to meet at a center during the 2003 shot show in Orlando, Florida, USA the weekend of Feb 15. We will all go to WaltH's house, trash it, than sacrifice darell to the Luman Idol.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a slight variation; please also list your needs. It would be nice to be able to offer a hotel/motel a group reservation in exchange for discounts and/or use of meeting rooms etc.

DavidW - David Williams (local)
WaltH - Chip Hopkins (local)
MrTedBear - Jeff Hong (air and land)
The LED Museum - Craig Johnson (air and land)

Greta

Flashaholic
I really do need an estimate of how many rooms will be needed in order to block off rooms and get a group rate... preliminary checking is showing around $100 a night... give or take... also I need to know what nights to block off how many rooms... the SHOT show starts on Thursday, right? For air, I'll need dates and city pairs... does anyone want car rental? ... Now is the time to get this all together...

One other thing that I found out... and I'm not real sure how this would work... what the criteria is... but the SHOT show itself has a bunch of rooms blocked off and some group rates already at most of the major hotels surrounding the convention center... I'm wondering if you all can get in on that? ...
confused.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Graham - Graham Bell (land)

Darell

Flashaholic
Holy Arc/cow/god/thing!

I might actually be in Florida that weekend for other business! If that's the case, I won't need anything (except my shorts and a flashlight or two - but I'll bring those). Oooh! That would be cool. Don't count on me for anything, but if it works, it works. I guess this'll make me temporarily "local."

Oop. Just read Dana's post. I'll bring my *Nomex* shorts.

Darell - Darell ****ey (local - possible)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell - Darell ****ey (local - possible)

Yeah, I know... more than 6 months away.... lots of time, but we need to get started sometime

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey sorry I have been incognito on this. Something about a new flashlight design and all...

I asked Ted Bear to help me organize this event. He's really good at this sort of thing and I am just too busy. We still want to do the Arc sponsered party, etc of course.

Mr. Ted Bear will need to know who's going, figure out how to get there, where to stay, etc. Sasha is the designated provider. I will talk to some manufacturers and invited them to the party. Mr. Ted Bear, we will need a meeting room where we stay for the "shin-dig".

I also talked to Ted Bear about organizing the "send Craig to florida" (etc) fund. Althought he did not commit to organizing this, I would like Ted Bear to organize this as well, giving every CPF member a chance to donate.

Maybe one of the attenders (Craig, etc) could be our designated reporter for the event? This would entail taking photos of the festivities and posting nitely updates to the CPF for those who can't make it.

Peter Gransee

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I'm going Roy - Roy Bost(Land)
By land, I mean that I'll be driving and will need a single room somewhere.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please everyone, check you calendars, request the time off, and Vacation in Mickeys Back Yard!!

I hope that many of my fellow CPF members will be able to attend this grand event. BUT, we need commitments and a head count to to get the best deal on rooms and airfare.

If we want a hotel to play ball and give us a conference room for our party, we got to give them some reseervations (more than just a couple).

It might appear that we just started planning the party and get together, yeah like two months ago! We have some commitments from vendors to sponsor/paticipate/donate. Raffels? Door Prizes? Food ? Change do face to face with the Lengenday Craig Johnson, or Size 15? YES!. And what about the picnic on Sunday?

DavidW - David Williams
WaltH - Chip Hopkins
MrTedBear - Jeff Hong (air and room)
The LED Museum - Craig Johnson (air and room)
Graham - Graham Bell (room)
Darell - Darell ****ey ???
Roy - Roy Bost (room)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now that Craig @ LED Museum has received his new computer, its time for me to do my thing with the Shot 2003 CPF Grand Gala Party (and more). BUT can't do it unless you guys particpate, and let me know who's coming etc. Hey, its our party, so let's make the most of it

Eppe's Corner

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone:

There is a possibilily I will be there.

Need to check out accessories and talk
to some of the companies we purchase from.

There are family medical problems that
might prevent me attending this year.

It sure would be nice though.

Do my business ordering merchandise and
pay later when the bill arrives and then
go see the Mouse and have him get
into my wallet right-away.

Isn't life grand ?

Did you say that our leader, the
"All-Seeing-All-Knowing-Sage"
up on Mt. LED Museum,
might be at the show ???

I would like to meet the GREAT SAGE
in person !

I can just see me needing sunglasses
to keep from being blinded by the famed "LiteMobile" ?

Well I have to back to work. Some
of the others are trying to finish
the potato chips before I get to them.

Have a bright one !

Gary Turk
Eppe's Corner
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I suppose I ought to ask before finding out the hard way... what is the expected general decorum for this event? More specifically, will I need to hide, cut off, or otherwise eliminate the pink hair? Or will it be alright to simply come as I am?
Will I need to buy a suite and tie?

Saaby

Flashaholic
There are some cool ties avelable here for people that can't tie/choose not to tie a tie. (NEVER make something named after a verb...anyway)

They "zip" off and on...hard to describe. I guess this is no way on topic, oh well too late now.