Pentagonlight L2 3W lensstaines

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
I own a new Pentagonlight L2 3W with TC4 but I discovered that there are some stains at the innerside of the lens and I want to clean it, but I cannot unscrew the bezel with (hand)force
mpr.gif
, is there a other possible way to do that
icon5.gif

Its a great light for the price and it is built like a tank, only the bad thing is that it come' s not with a lanyardhook anymore
icon13.gif
The golden spring is a bit sharp, but you can grind that with a Dremel, for a smooth end, or with a drop solder.
icon3.gif

Thanks for any reaction or modificationtips.
icon14.gif

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I was able to unscrew mine with hand force when I first got it... I don't recall it being super easy, but was doable.

If you had a vice and a strap wrench you could do it fairly easily without any damage, that's how I do any of my lights that weren't designed to be oppened.

I agree about the great light, I got the HAIII version, and it appears tough as nails... good pricing (especially at wholesale)

FYI, the tail cap is the same size as the surefire 6P, so the LeefRing fits it for lanyards... Surefire tail caps don't work very well, but you can goto Lighthound and get the Leef Ring for the SureFire P series lights and it should fit, did on mine.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
I just had a reaction from Pentagonlight and they said that the first L2 models delivered with TC4, the bezel NOT removable is
icon9.gif
It seemes that mine is glued....
icon13.gif
if I look close to it.

The second reaction from Pentagonlight was this:
You can remove the head first from the body. Then remove the head cap from
the head. The head cap is the piece in front of the head ring.

I'm a little confused now....
Good advise for the lanyardring
icon14.gif

Ps. I have also a HAIII.

Last edited:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, maybe on the older models there is some sort of retaining ring that you find on the back end of the head if you remove it, that will allow the LED module to drop out and gain access to the lens? Worth looking into perhaps... or perhaps the LED module can slide out once the head is removed...

On the new model you can remove the head, which doesn't do much except allow head changes, and the bezel is independent which lets the LED module drop out, and lens access.

Depending on how they put it together, if it is threaded and glued you might be able to put it into a vise with a strap wrench and pop it off anyways... I've done this to E series Sure Fires which are glued.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
I tried to unscrew the bezel
mpr.gif
, but no movements at all, so I think it is been glued, unfortunately
icon9.gif
I have to live with the lensstaines inside the lens,
icon9.gif
or I can call Pentagonlights for a solution.
icon3.gif

But I wonder, they would help me. It seems that they have a final inspection difficulty. I let you know.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try putting it in a zip-loc bag, then putting the head end in boiling water for a few minutes, and see if that bezel won't unscrew then;)