UltraFire AAA problems??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Once again my search skills are not working at all as I can not find the old thread dealing with this light and a problem it had......seems like I remember the AAA luxeon version having a problem of not working below a certain voltage making it useless for all but lithiums and Li-Ion cells.

I am about to buy a few things from DealExtreme and was going to include a few of these and am curious if anyone can tell me if this light still has the low voltage start up problem?.....I think it was not working at all if the battery was below 1.25 volts or something close to that. Has anyone bought a newer one and if so does it perform different than the ones with the problem?

Thanks

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Well as usual my luck is horrible.....I had decided to try a few out anyway and when making up my order the only thing out of stock was the AAA luxeon by Ultrafire. I am going to hold off on the rest of my order now as I was ordeing mainly to get this light anyway. Does anyone else know of a dealer who has these?.....I tried KaiDomain and they do not even show this light as ever being in their inventory......also still trying to find any information on the low voltage start up problem and I did find the old thread however the last post did not say anything about a fix for the problem.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't a fix. In fact, qualitychinagoods.com has it up as only taking the 3.7v lithium cells. I was quite impressed with mine on 3.7v until the L0P SE came out...

Stef

Newly Enlightened
I have bought 2 ultrafire 602c (AAA) from dealextreme and the start up voltage is 0.8v.

mhubble

Enlightened
Good luck finding a ULTRAFIRE AAA. Seems like nobody has them. Got two off of ebay last week from "HKEQUIPMENT". But he didnt have anymore black ones only the HAIII ones. Which cost me about 24.00 ea shipped. (should have just got the Fenix e1)