U2 Clone - Of Course it's Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phredd

Enlightened
I read through some of the discussions, whether it's illegal, whether people should support a company that damages an American company, etc.

Come on, people. The clone is a clone, a duplicate of the Surefire U2, all the way down to "Surefire" printed on the side. This is illegal.

Let's be proud here at CPF. Please remove all links to the sale of this illegal clone from all threads.

Phredd

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: U2 Clone - Illegal

sigh...
didnt we just go through this?

Guess not, its illegal, immoral, whatever you want to call it...
The forum cannot control what individuals think, I'm too also outraged by the shameless copy of the U2.

Last edited:

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened

Phredd said:
Was there a verdict from the moderators? I still see links to the dealer's web site.

Phredd

Quick call the company and change it's name to "Panda" you know, like the Chinese verison of the Honda 50... What's the old saying???
"Imitation is the great form of flattery". That is until you infringe on patents and copyright laws….

Phredd

Enlightened

Phredd

Enlightened

heliyardsale said:
"Imitation is the great form of flattery". That is until you infringe on patents and copyright laws….

Yes, otherwise many good companies would be flattered out of business.

curtis22

Enlightened
Phredd said:
If people continue to post links to the dealer, maybe they should be suspended.

You've stated your opinion ad nauseum. Stop filibustering.

Brum

Newly Enlightened

Phredd said:
Was there a verdict from the moderators? I still see links to the dealer's web site.

Phredd
FYI: it's not a clone. The pictures on the DX site are of the real U2, not the product youre buying.

Phredd

Enlightened
curtis22 said:
You've stated your opinion ad nauseum. Stop filibustering.

I've reviewed all my comments and I don't believe I've repeated myself at all, which makes your nasty characterizations, "ad nauseum" and "filibustering", all the more rude. If you don't want to read my comments, don't read the thread.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it's a cheap imitation, not being real competition for the U2, it probably just adds more interest in the U2.

Sorta like a matchbox car of a Corvette adding to a youngster's interest in having a real Corvette.

Surefire would do well to just leave it alone and consider it free advertisement.

greenstuffs

Banned
there are no morals in this story, someone invents a flashlight that costs 3 bills and some chinese puts out to the market for 10% of the price? i don't see anything wrong people who buys surefire will keep buying surefires and the flashlight will be more accessible for people who aren't so keen on spending this kind of money on a flashlight.
Same like SF Titan people are bitching about it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Phredd said:
I read through some of the discussions, whether it's illegal, whether people should support a company that damages an American company, etc.

Come on, people. The clone is a clone, a duplicate of the Surefire U2, all the way down to "Surefire" printed on the side. This is illegal.

Let's be proud here at CPF. Please remove all links to the sale of this illegal clone from all threads.

Phredd
The more threads you start about it the more promotion you are giving to the product. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Norm

aurich_

Newly Enlightened
how about some sense of reality here. what do you really expect to get for that little money?

another site www.szwholesale.com, sister of www.qualitychinagoods.com for example does sell some watches with famous automotive brands on them and gives this warning:

We're not responsible for customs issue, which is rare tho. Do NOT checkout if you're not sure whether it will get thru or not.

this should tell you enough about their products and their business behavior in general.

h

p.s.: my german customs would have a field day finding this stuff....

ynggrsshppr

Newly Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
Since it's a cheap imitation, not being real competition for the U2, it probably just adds more interest in the U2.

Sorta like a matchbox car of a Corvette adding to a youngster's interest in having a real Corvette.

Surefire would do well to just leave it alone and consider it free advertisement.

I agree with you on this. When people buy a U2 they're not just buying a flashlight, they're buying a Surefire. They're different products so Surefire has nothing to worry about.

Don't I sound like a cheesy advertisement? Hehe. :ohgeez:

aurich_

Newly Enlightened
greenstuffs said:
there are no morals in this story, someone invents a flashlight that costs 3 bills and some chinese puts out to the market for 10% of the price? i don't see anything wrong people who buys surefire will keep buying surefires and the flashlight will be more accessible for people who aren't so keen on spending this kind of money on a flashlight.
Same like SF Titan people are bitching about it.

completely disagree. they may sell them in china as a lookalike but over here in germany they might sell them as a U2 on ebay. how will you know the difference then?

h

and they definetly should have a patent on the design at least, considering surefire's pricing

SemiMan

Banned
.... and they ask what is wrong with society..... simple, lack of respect. In this case respect for the work of others and the ownership of the results of that work.

Just because you can not afford to buy a Surefire, does not give you a "right" to be able to buy a cheap clone. It is the same for STEALING music off the web. Owning music that someone else created is a privaledge, not a right. You may not like that it costs $15 for a CD or $0.99 to download a song, but that is the cost of the privaledge of having access to that piece of music.

I would love to own a Ferrari, but I can not afford it, so I do not. The fact that you can buy a clone flashlight or steal a song easily does not make it right, no more than me stealing a Ferrari.

The next time you think about buying a clone flashlight or stealing a song, why not think back to the last time something was stolen from you (it happens to all of us), how that made you feel, and what you would have liked to do to the person who stole it if they could be caught. If you still go ahead with your "theft", then please go back to my first sentence and know that you are part of the problem.

Semiman

aurich_

Newly Enlightened
SemiMan said:
.... and they ask what is wrong with society..... simple, lack of respect. In this case respect for the work of others and the ownership of the results of that work.

Just because you can not afford to buy a Surefire, does not give you a "right" to be able to buy a cheap clone. It is the same for STEALING music off the web. Owning music that someone else created is a privaledge, not a right. You may not like that it costs $15 for a CD or $0.99 to download a song, but that is the cost of the privaledge of having access to that piece of music.

I would love to own a Ferrari, but I can not afford it, so I do not. The fact that you can buy a clone flashlight or steal a song easily does not make it right, no more than me stealing a Ferrari.

The next time you think about buying a clone flashlight or stealing a song, why not think back to the last time something was stolen from you (it happens to all of us), how that made you feel, and what you would have liked to do to the person who stole it if they could be caught. If you still go ahead with your "theft", then please go back to my first sentence and know that you are part of the problem.

Semiman

totally agree!!

h

Status
Not open for further replies.