Streamlight Propolymer with blue LEDs?

afraidofdark

Enlightened
Hi, has anyone tried a Streamlight ProPolymer (non-luxeon) with with blue LEDs? I was wondering how bright they are, compared with, say, a blue Inova X5. I would think the ProPolymers would be brighter, since the 3C has ten LEDs and the 4AA has seven, but the X5 has only five.

I suppose another option for lots of blue light would be a Diamond K2 drop in for a big Mag, but that wouldn't be as compact to carry as a 4AA.

Thanks for any info ...

Bearcat

Enlightened
Just curious, what are you going to use a flashlight with blue LEDs for, and better yet, what purpose did Streamlight design them for? It sure would get my attention if I saw a bright blue beam come out of the darkness.

afraidofdark

Enlightened
Hey Bearcat you guessed it: I just want a bright blue beam in the darkness ;)

But I was wondering the same thing about the purpose of the Streamlight blue led module. Since the ProPolymers seem designed for industrial use, maybe the blue light is useful for some inspection applications.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
blue - bioluminescence, curing, fingerprinting (when dusted in a certain material).

Supposedly blood tracking for hunters can be made easier with some type of colored light, but not sure if its blue.

afraidofdark

Enlightened
After poking around a bit, it also seems that blue led lights are used in combination with certain dyes to detect leaks in HVAC systems.

BUT ... has anyone bought a propolymer with blue LEDs and fired it up??