4-D lethal weapon

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I heard a rumor once that said a 4-D mag is considered a lethal weapon where as the 3D is not (or similar lights). Could this prevent a person from carrying a 4D or larger in public. I know the term lethal weapon is extremely vague (even in legal terms) but is there even an ounce of truth to this?

Doug

Enlightened
I heard about this.... I have heard that SOME PLACES consider the 4D a weapon, where most places just consider the 6D a weapon (have you actually seen a 6D?! The thing is HUGE!
smile.gif
!)

Doug

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
I once was visiting with my landlady (a very nice, sweet, older woman in charge of a 200+ unit apartment complex) - I noticed her 4D maglite had a distinct bend in it - more like a curve in the middle. As the evening wore on, I had to ask how she bent the thing - I thought they were virtually indestructable.

Turns out one of the tennants had her maintenance man in a chokehold and she whacked him over the head with the 4D mag - knocked him out cold, and bent the light. But the light still worked!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

In the UK anything larger than a 2D cell Maglite could be considered an offensive weapon. Depends why you have it. If you have a 4D cell in the trunk of your car for breakdowns - no problems. Wandering through a shopping mall with a 4D will result in the Police having a quiet word. Them things are huge and they hurt.