New D-mini

cotter

Newly Enlightened
I just got my D-mini in the mail and wow! My first serious LED flashlight and man does this little guythrow! I think i lost my vision for a good 20 seconds after peaking at the light, haha. But i was wondering if there was anything i could do to the mini...
I got it with the smooth reflec. What is this i haer about the flood reflector? IS the flood like the Orange peel?
Thank you guys for recommending the d-mini! Its a tad to small for me but it works amazing!

thanks
-cotter

oh and does anyone know how water resistant the d-mini is?? is it fully submergable for a few mins???

Last edited:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Yes, they call an orange peel the flood. That is the way I got mine, and it's still a thrower with great spill. And the thing I found out is how easy and quick it is to change out the tail cap from the "twisty" to the "clicky".

cotter

Newly Enlightened
okay after playing with this light, i think i am now addicted to flashlights AGAIN. I used to be when i was a child and after moving alot i have lost pretty much all of them. Now that i have the D-mini, i need another one!
I need suggestions! Something cheap and bigger than D-mini! maybe even waterproof! ahhh flashaholic.....

LowTEC

Enlightened
Welcome to the club buddy, I was too, amazed by the performance, quality and designed of the D-mini when I first received it, and I have yet able to find another light to replace this :rock:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also considering buying a D-Mini, but for right now if you are looking for cheap and good this might be worth buying: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1284 . I have bought several of there better flashlights and they are all fairly good. I do own Surefire and Streamlight as my comparison.
cotter said:
okay after playing with this light, i think i am now addicted to flashlights AGAIN. I used to be when i was a child and after moving alot i have lost pretty much all of them. Now that i have the D-mini, i need another one!
I need suggestions! Something cheap and bigger than D-mini! maybe even waterproof! ahhh flashaholic.....

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean there's an orange peel reflector for the D-Mini, now? Does it actually provide a good flood? I love the throw of the smoothy, I mean, it's cool, but I really prefer a more floody light.

Latest posts