Where do you find information and contact info about a company?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a company called Colorvision who amongst other things make the Spyder brand hardware monitor calibraters which some of you may be familiar with. Without going into the details, I have received extremely poor and lax tech support. I won't bore you with the details but if interested, I've posted here,

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=21651889

My posts are towards the bottom of the thread with the same username as here, geepondy.

Anyhow I was wondering how can one gleam more information about a company such as addresses, phone numbers, chief executives, etc., other then what the company's website wishes to divulge. I'm having difficulty talking to a live person in the company itself. Thanks for any info you can provide.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it depends on where the company is. In Texas, if they are incorporated, that info, including the principals names, will be public record. If they have filed a DBA with the county, that's also public. (DBA - "doing business as" or assumed business name).

If the device has a patent number, that should help.

If you have the city, the BBB could be a source. If you wrote them a check, the endorsement might have some info as would your credit card statement have a phone number.

Stuff like that frustrates the heck out of me.

aurich_

Newly Enlightened
hmmm,

i visited the webpage and there were some names listed:

USA Sales & Support
Rob Rosborough, General Manager
Digital Color Solutions
5 Princess Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
USA

Tel: 609.895.7430
Fax: 609.895.8110
Hotline: 800.554.8688
[email protected]
www.colorvision.com

Europe
Christoph Gamper, General Manager
Digital Color Solutions
Brandbachstrasse 10
CH-8305 Dietlikon, Zurich
Switzerland

Tel: 0041 44 8353830
Fax: 0041 44 8353820
Hotline: +800 70080070
[email protected]
www.colorvision.ch

Asia Pacific
Charles Lee, General Manager
Digital Color Solutions
4301, Metroplaza, Tower II
223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung
Hong Kong

[email protected]
www.colorvision.com

shouldnt be a problem to contact them..

h

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a couple of those numbers and got the same directory as my useless tech support that only brought me to a call center that couldn't help. Perhaps it was after hours. It was five thirty EST but I was told their tech support went to 6 pm.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping that there might be an Internet site that was sort of a "everything you wanted to know about any company". I am wondering if the company's origin is in the US or Hong Kong.