gladius equivalent??

aml

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if there were any comparable gladius equivalents available on the market. Maybe something in the SUB 200 dollar category.

Something with different levels, and strobe functions....

maybe even an aftermarket tailcap for the surefires that has those functions???

Please forgive me if this is a common question or has a well known solution.....im kinda new to the flashlight addiction.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I am a huge Brightguy fan and think Greg and Tina provide great customer service...LApoliecegear has had several sales on the gladius as of late from $135 $165. It might be worth checking out.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Affordable = Surefire 6P w/G&P strobe switch + a G&P LED drop in (3 watt, 5 watt, or a 7 watt) from Lighthound!!

I agree with FireFighter05 and his 3 watt/strobe switch combo, can't go wrong with this combo for the price. Look at some runtimes & reviews (scroll down for G&P) for the 3/5/7 watt drop-ins and consider that info for your specific needs.

Check FireFighter05's thread out...

You need to hold down the tailswitch for the "strobe" function, but it has a clicky for full on.

Last edited:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought there was a thread a while ago about the Gladius design having been sold, or released from certain copyright obligations, or something like that. Was it Insight that was making the Gladius for Blackhawk and soon will be making an essentially identical light for much less money?

Anyone remember reading that?

Scott

P.S. Yes -- the Insight Typhoon: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/147255&highlight=insight+gladius

Last edited: