More Ti crazyness

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all my goals were met with this project, as you can see the knurled band is absent...I tried...many times...
rant.gif
But it is standard LE compatable...
grinser2.gif

I liked Don's original so much, that I needed a quick fix, and the quickest route was to fit a bezel ring (like the Aleph series) and create a fake seam where the two halves meet...If I would have turned the bezel ring and the head to final diameter together, the bezel seam would have been completely hidden...maybe next time.

The camera can see the bezel ring seam much better than my eyes...

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
More of the same old Ti "crap", eh Scott? Quality work as usual. :goodjob:

I need to start getting creative and try my hand out on a lathe. Know any good beginner books? :naughty:

-DF

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first Ti McLux PR-T… :wow: … :twothumbs … AND Aleph LE compatible … :goodjob: ... I'm wondering what's next... :grin2: ... :wave:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bummed that the knurling didn't work for me...I think I'd have to grind back the arms of my scissor knurling tool, to allow clearance for that deep chamfer on the head...

You can see how whittled down the head flange is, just in front of the cell tube...I tried the elusive knurl a few times...double track, skim cut...double track, skim cut...:rant: you get the idea.

Last edited: