Comment on your LeefGrip.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm patiently waiting for the HA 1x18650 Leef bodies to hit the market, and being a big fan of SF's CombatGrip flashlights, was thinking of ordering a LeefGrip along with the body.
I'd appreciate any comments from users as to how they like their LeefGrips, and how well they mate up with the bodies they're using. I realize the grip goes on like a lanyard ring, and have already given some thought to epoxying it in place to eliminate movement so it can be used with a lanyard to index the oval beams of some LAs. Any thoughts on that? Pics?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my HA Nat LeefGrip. I currently use it on my Project-M/Leef 1x18650 body with my SW01 tailcap. It can be a little loose, so use one of the o-rings included in the packaging to hold it in place better. I can now use a cigar-style grasp when desired as well as affording me more grip when out hiking at night while wearing gloves.

I also used it on my M2 body and on my M123 1 cell extender. It worked equally well on both.

I'll try to post some pics of it on my lights.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Chronos.
I may just get a SW01 for a more positive grip when removing the light from a (bezel down)pouch that covers most of it, and use a LeefRing for the lanyard. I had a Z58 and M2 bezel slated for the new body, but after putting them on my C2, I think they are there to stay.
So I've got an excuse to buy another bezel and tailcap:naughty:
Does your SW01 support the cigar style grip well? With a short, and relatively light flashlight, I don't think it will be too unbalanced feeling, and they do look pretty cool.

Anybody else want to talk about their LeefGrip?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a couple of pics of the LeefGrip and fat SW01 on my M180-K2 (along with a few other lights):

I'll typically rotate the SW01 with a thumb when holding the flashlight body in an overhand grip, or utilize the momentary switch when holding in a cigar grip. It does not impede use of the cigar grip. The LeefGrip includes a lanyard hole. I have a LeefRing on my MilkyWire (HA 3C body) and my Optimator.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again, Chronos. I think!
I'm still debating that LeefGrip, but went ahead and ordered another bezel and a SW01(which is backordered at the moment) from LPS.
Between you and arewethereyetdad's for sale post, which I copied his pics from:sssh:, I'm starting to get the hots for a M180, too.
I determined not to buy any more lights for awhile, and just got rid of about half a dozen, but this mix-and-match stuff.....it's not really buying MORE lights, right?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy, it is a Project-M 1x18650 C-to-M body. The difference (that I can see) is the LeefBodies at Lighthound have cross-checked bodies, and the Project-M bodies have ridges.

Owen, go for it! That's how I justify all of this... It isn't A light after all... They are flashlight parts.