O no, I *MIGHT* be moving again soon. :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Yes, you read the subject line correctly.
It's not because of a tragedy this time, I assure you.

My stepsister's aunt may be moving from the Seattle area and purchasing a condominium here in Sacramento. If she does, my stepsister and I will be moving to the adjacent unit of that condo. The structure will be "ranch-style", so I will not have to contend with any stairs.
The move will just be across town, not interstate.

It is not yet known how long I'll be without internet access, and of course, I'll do a "Change of Address" thing at the post office and add to the scrolling text on my website that a move is being made and that the website may not be updated for a short period (possibly as long as one week).

If the move is made, I'll have no fewer than 1,437 HTML files that'll need my address changed on them...again. :eek:

***VERY, CRITICALLY, SUPER IMPORTANT!!!***
This is just a possibility at the moment.
Although not probable, it is mathematically not a probability of zero.

TorchMan

Enlightened
So are you starting to feel like that line from the Metallica song Wherever I May Roam? "Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond call me what you will..."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I know you've moved a lot and it's a pain. If you do I hope you like it better, and have more room outdoors for your light shows, especially those funky lasers. And, that other "legal advice" situation would be solved as well.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
If the move is made, I'll have no fewer than 1,437 HTML files that'll need my address changed on them...again. :eek:

Wow... You really need to change the address to use a javascript source file, so that all you need to do is to change "ONE" file and it will all be automatically updated... :ohgeez: PM me if you need any help on this.. :)

atm

Enlightened
gregw said:
Wow... You really need to change the address to use a javascript source file, so that all you need to do is to change "ONE" file and it will all be automatically updated... :ohgeez: PM me if you need any help on this.. :)
Agreed! There are a few options that would be little more difficult to implement as a one-off than the current address change you need to make whenever you move.

If you do have to move, I hope it works out well for you!

I'M DK

Newly Enlightened
Craig,
If you need help moving let me know.
If my schedule allows I can provide a 25' cargo trailer and truck to move your stuff.

DK

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have no idea regarding the layout of the condo or its outdoor property.
Like I said, moving isn't a probability, but the chance is not mathematically zero either.

myk

Enlightened
Not sure if you're on a laptop/have a laptop but if so I could lend you my Sprint AirCard (EVDO) for a week or so to help keep the CPF withdrawl to a minimum

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, I am no HTML expert, but I am a systems analyst, isnt there a way for you to set up your HTML files with a variable so that it reads one database, or some type file record in a single location that contains your address. This would allow you to change the address in one place and effect all of your other places.

That is, if this moving is going to be an ongoing issue. it might be worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.