From who does the FM battery holder plug come from?

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Do you get the plug from FM when you buy the carrier or from Alin when you buy the charger?

Also how do you attach it to the charger?

Norm

Retired Administrator
The plug comes with the battery carrier from FM. Plug is just soldered to the charger leads.

Norm

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Do you need to use the plug to charge? Is there any way to use just the alligator clamps?

oregon

Enlightened
The plug is an evolutionary leap past aligator clips. It is clever, easy, quick and satisfying. Fivemega is a genius and it shows in his fine work.

Why not use the plug?

Take a look at my post #10 in the thread "what is a ROP" in this incandescent forum. I show you how to solder the plug. And, I also reveal to the world just how awful my solder skills, what skills, really are. I know that you could do better and that you would be proud and pleased with the soldered plug.

oregon

Last edited:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
ExZeRoEx said:
Do you need to use the plug to charge? Is there any way to use just the alligator clamps?

The center pin ( male )on the battery adapter is positive, and there is not a lot of room for error there. I would hate to think about that alligator clamp touching the side wall during charging.