Luxeon X-RE Fighter

adnj

Enlightened
I'm planning on modding two Pelican M3 2370s that I don't use. I see that the Cree stars are available now but I may wait for a new Luxeon.

Does anyone have any idea if the Luxeon updates are around the corner or somewhere in the next county?

Also, does anyone have any info on the drive currents and forward voltage that the 2370 provide?

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard that the LumiLEDs comparable LED that is based of current technology (most likely K2) will be out by the end of the quarter. Now every company has slightly different calenders, so I'm not sure when that is...

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've been told that the local US based LED suppliers/stores will have no problem getting the new Luxeons once they've been released. I would think that Lumileds is not just sitting around waiting for the competition to gain more marketshare. So it would be fair to say that they'll have something out where we can buy them in the next month or two. With that being said, the new product won't outperform a Cree XR-E or SSCP4. I heard it does 150 lumens @ 700mA. The SSCP4 already outdoes that by 10 lumens to my knowledge. If you're looking to swap out some older luxeons, the SSCP4 is a good canditate...

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the modding is simple enough (n reflector concerns), just get one of the current LEDs (Seoul?) and go with that first, then replace it in future. For ard $10 an LED (vs the $45 for premium Lux Vs), I think it's affordable.

I wanted to wait but ah what the hell, gonna try a Cree P4 in my Gladius since I have like 5 IMS27 reflectors sitting around from a dropped project anyway. No harm trying out and if a new LED comes out again, I still have lotsa reflectors to play with.