instaflashed a MagLED

jayhackett03

Enlightened
just got my MOP reflectors in the mail, and was tryin them out with different bulbs. well, i forgot i had 6 NiMH batteries in my Mag 2D ROP. :poof: went the MagLED. Haha, oops.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I toasted a royal blue LuxV LED in a similar manner. I'm hoping the driver survived but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch! Glad to see that you're taking it so well and willing to share your experience in good humor.

How much does that MOP reflector impact the throw compared to the stock smooth Mag Reflector. And is this the Light-Edge reflector. I'm toying between LOP, MOP, and LS, and trying not to buy one of each just to figure out which would be preferable for my usage and then having to order 3 or 4 more. (oh, this is just to smoothout the Xenon bulbs that will work with the diameter of the Light-Edge reflectors, the ROP bulbs wouldn't be suitable for my usage.)

jayhackett03 said:
just got my MOP reflectors in the mail, and was tryin them out with different bulbs. well, i forgot i had 6 NiMH batteries in my Mag 2D ROP. :poof: went the MagLED. Haha, oops.