P1D CE beam black vs. natural

Ritch

Enlightened
I have a P1D CE black, one of the first supply. No I have got a natural one, latest supply. The differences: The natural one has perfect threads, but against the black one it has not that exactly zoned hotspot, it's a little bit diffuse but almost without the significant dark ring. Brightness seems to be about the same. The surface of the LED looks a little less clear than the LED of the black one.
Has anyone observed the same?

Best,
Richard

bray

Newly Enlightened
my first supply black one has a perfect hotspot.. not diffused at all.. the threads are a little loose and the tint is a little on the blue side, while my natural which ive gotten recently has tighter threads and a more diffused hotspot with a greener tint. First one has a flicker on high for 3 seconds too...

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
My black one had a good hot spot. The natural doesn't.

Is your emitter centered properly? My natural isn't.

Ritch

Enlightened
Not absolute properly, but in direct comparison with my HDS EDC B42 XR, the HDS emitter is not centered absolute properly, too.

richard

hivoltage

Enlightened
Not to change the subject but does anybody know where 4sevens it at? I sent in my PID/CE over 2 weeks ago for a replacement due to the threads driving me crazy, and have not gotten a new one back yet. I emailed and PM'd them 3 days ago with no answers. He has not even read my PM. Whats up with that????

Luckybobo

Newly Enlightened
I received my natural one early this week. The hot spot is diffuse and no dark ring at all. There is no thread issue with mine. Maybe it is a new design. Anyhow it is a very good EDC light.