What ever happened to Fenix's L1/2D-CE

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
They sort of faded away? I'm bored waiting, I guess I'll buy an M1 from Matt instead of the Fenix when he gets them in....
Heli

paulr

Flashaholic
Huh? They were delayed by 1 or 2 weeks, no big deal. ETA is now something like Feb 5. I'm not sure what an M1 is supposed to be. I dunno if I'll buy an L1/2D-CE since the user interface sounds insane, but I'm delighted with my L0D-CE.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
funny! Buy both, I say! Each has distinct advantages, the L1D CE especially with the many settings and good runtime on low can just be a very useful little light to have. The M1 is somewhat bigger, uses more expensive batteries (unless you use rechargeables, which it can do of course), and has a lot more throw. But it has few settings. So one will work with the other nicely!

coppertrail

Enlightened
Right, I have both lights on Pre-order, they're expected to ship on or around Feb 5th.

daveman

Enlightened
heliyardsale said:
They sort of faded away? I'm bored waiting, I guess I'll buy an M1 from Matt instead of the Fenix when he gets them in....
Heli
You just haven't been paying attention; these AA babes haven't even been released yet, much less faded away...

Um, I don't think the M1 is in the same category as the AA lights from Fenix; I too, will buy a M1 Cree sooner or later, but the convenience of AA batteries, which can be afforded virtually ANYWHERE, along with ~80 lumens in the ~3.5 inch body, makes the L1D CE a completely different light to compare with the M1 Cree.

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix AA lights just don't seem to be as popular as the smaller (CR123 & AAA) lights. I guess it's the "Wow Factor". I think that the user interface on the new AA lights in much better than the "keep twisting 'til you get what you want" UI of the P1D & L0D lights. And the batteries are much more economical. But the P1D and L0D are getting much more attention on the forums. I'm sure there'll be renewed interest once the L1D & L2D start shipping. But they may never match the popularity of the smaller lights.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anticipation....

Whets the appetite.

And to some extent, all this chat increase pre-sale interest, possibly leading to pre-sale orders.

As others have said, I prefer not to buy first, to wait for any potential initial problems to be sorted and reviews and comparisons especially to appear.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided at the last second not to buy one for now. I'm waiting for natural HA and to see what body options will be available. As with the Jetbeam, product delays (which probibly do mean a better quality product in the end) detract from hype and the impulsive buying that can so easily overcome us while reading the forums late at night.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
My guess is they made them, the throw is good but they are very ringy like the P1DCE so they are scrambling to retool and fix the problem.. Hopefully, they will be nice when all is said and done... LA LA LAAAAAA WAITING!!!!!
Heli

zeeexsixare

Newly Enlightened
abvidledUK said:
Anticipation....

Wets the appetite.

And to some extent, all this chat increase pre-sale interest, possibly leading to pre-sale orders.

As others have said, I prefer not to buy first, to wait for any potential initial problems to be sorted and reviews and comparisons especially to appear.
FYI, it's "whet" not "wet." You'll thank me later. ;)

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
heliyardsale said:
My guess is they made them, the throw is good but they are very ringy like the P1DCE so they are scrambling to retool and fix the problem..
They already have an orange peel reflector to avoid ringy beam problems. More likely, somebody just built and/or shipped a component late. I work in manufacturing, it happens ALLLL the time.

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
Blindasabat said:
They already have an orange peel reflector to avoid ringy beam problems. More likely, somebody just built and/or shipped a component late. I work in manufacturing, it happens ALLLL the time.

Do you know this for sure? I have come across conflicting info regarding this.