Cree lights at DealExtreme, Genuine?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Cree lights at DealExtreme look like a good bargain. I especially like the DX 3W Cree, because it can use either an 18650s or 2 CR123As. Can anybody verify, from their own personal experience, that these lights have genuine Cree LEDs?

I assume that since they are labeled Cree they actually are Cree. The price is so low I thought maybe I should check first. Thanks.:)

Last edited:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could check the website since he is selling Cree stars separately which I think it's the same as the ones used in his Cree flashlights. You can be the judge of the Cree star. I have a DX 3W Cree flashlight on order. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1302
Those stars from the photo are identical to some I got in a group buy a couple weeks ago, which turned out to be quite nice to work with -- the easiest mod to do is to but their 1AA Elly light for $5.30. The Cree star can be dropped in it will work out of the box without any sort of reflector focus adjustments. A fairly decent long runtime 1W Cree light that runs for about 3hrs on a AA for about $14 shipped, plus doing two solder joints -- excellent deal.

I've made several orders with Dealextreme and everything has been legit -- their prices do seem too good to be true sometimes, but they run an honest business, and are faithful about replacing faulty goods, and reporting realistic specs.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another thread on the same subject.

However

Art Vandelay said:
The Cree lights at DealExtreme look like a good bargain. I especially like the DX 3W Cree, because it can use either an 18650s or 2 CR123As. Can anybody verify, from their own personal experience, that these lights have genuine Cree LEDs?

I assume that since they are labeled Cree they actually are Cree. The price is so low I thought maybe I should check first. Thanks.:)

Beware, some don't take 18650's easily, as mentioned on DX.

Prices are reasonable, they only seem low because other vendors are using the principle of what the "New" market will sustain.

There is alway a premium for being the first.

In some cases, quite a hefty premium.

Last edited: