Best light to use up slightly used 123s?

Gatsby

Enlightened
I stop using 123's in my HDS B42XRGT when they can no longer produce a max beam brighter than primary (one reason I have the light is to have a max beam at my disposal if needed). However, now I have a growing collection of used 123s that still have some juice in them and would love a relatively low cost extra light that will drain them down rather than throw them away...

I've thought about the X5 and know this has been discussed some before but I can't seem to find any threads using search...

fishx65

Enlightened
The Dorcy super 1 watt 1-123 is a well known great battery drainer. 20 bucks at Target.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
My thoughts exactly Milky made me an E1o based light with a CreeXRE that I only use depleted 123's in and it sucks em dry while providing very usable white light. When I first got it I put a new 123 in it and it is a really bright, white, small package.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a Fenix P1 to drain old HDS cells.

Do yourself a favour though, get yourself a recharger and some RCR123's instead of a new light...dumping partially used cells from my U60GT gave me the final push into the world of rechargables, never looked back - Nice fresh cell every few days...no waste.

CFU

Edro

Newly Enlightened
You may want to look at 1 X cr123 lights only. Putting 2 x 123's of different "charged" levels may cause problems (i.e. the lower level 123 gets drained first while the other one is still going). I'm with fishx65 on the Dorcy.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
I would love to find an inexpensive lantern to use them in. I got some AA lanterns that get feed my used Energizer AA Lithiums.