inova t4

jenks123

Newly Enlightened
hi there everyone

I've been looking through some past threads and it seems that a few people are having problems with inova t4 flashlights. I have just returned my brand new t4 to the UK importer because of a problem with the charging system. The flashlight will charge for a short while ( about 10 mins ) then the blue light on the charger starts flashing. The people in the technical department that I've returned the light to don't have a clue and are saying that they can't fix it. If anyone could "shed any light" on the charging side of things would be greatly appreciated.

regards Ian

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
jenks123 said:
..The flashlight will charge for a short while ( about 10 mins ) then the blue light on the charger starts flashing. ..

That happened to me once. I gently cleaned the contacts on both the flashlight and charger and it has not happed since. I have the TIROS lens model Inova T4 and bought it 10 months ago.

USSS

Newly Enlightened
The T4 charger issue described here has been documented before, in this forum and elsewhere.

My solution, too, has been to thoroughly clean the contacts on both the charger and the flashlight with wood alcohol (isopropyl alcohol has a lot of water in it) and follow with an application of DeoxIT or equivalent metal contact perservative.

I also suspect that variations in AC line voltage (and perhaps harmonics) may play a role in causing the blue LED charging light to blink incessantly. However, rest assured: your battery IS being charged properly.