Lighthound has drop in 80 Lumen Cree's for SF

zx7dave

Enlightened
It is going in my C2, they said it will fit 6P, C2, G2 and similiar. Nothing for the E models yet...but I bug them weekly :)
If you are in doubt read thier website before you order or email them. They have pretty good response time.

alantch

Enlightened
Wow, it seems like these are starting to pop up everywhere. At last count, this is the 3rd Cree-based LA for the 6P,C2 and G2s. Keep them coming! Thanks for the inform.

Mad1

Enlightened
Damn it I wish you guys would'nt post things like this I really can't spend any more money. :(

EDIT:

It's a P4 Cree.

Last edited:

bray

Newly Enlightened
hahah had to order onee... seen them elsewhere and thought they were cool but sketchy places to order... but lighthound is a diff story.. had to

benyosh

Newly Enlightened
The spec's state that it's driven at 750ma. Seems the output would be about 130 lumens, more or less. I like that it can be driven with 2 li-ions.

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
benyosh said:
The spec's state that it's driven at 750ma. Seems the output would be about 130 lumens, more or less.
Maybe the 80 lumens are OTF-lumens instead of led-lumens?

Im rather sure Surefire always advertises OTF (and thus, real lumens) instead of led/bulb-lumens, like most other manufacters.
So i think Wolf-Eyes followed Surefires course..

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very promising indeed. I can't wait to here how you like it.

It must have a good regulator circuit to be able to handle 3.7-9 volts. Very versatile, could be used in many different lights.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Kbrd - It should. I have found when I used a few of the replacement dropin's with G models I had to wrap the bulb base with aluminum foil to assist in making contact in the right places. Might call Lighthound to verify.