Need some help with modding...

Secur1

Enlightened
I finnaly decided to start moddiding my lights :p

So i need your help on get some questions answered.

I want to modify 2 of my current lights, the first one is the LightFlux LF1, i really like this light, output with a 14500 is amazing but the luxeon in it is very blueish :/ So how easy would it be to mod this light with a Cree XRE ? Because i don't want a tight beam on this particular light and Cree seems to be all about flood.

The second light i want to modify is my LL Striker, for this one i was thinking along the lines of a Seoul P4 U bin (W42180-USV0I), color bin SV0 (5350K) from PhotonPhanatic.

Now for the questions:
1) Do i just need to remove the existing emmiter, add some AA epoxy on the bottom of the slug and resolder the + and - ?

2) The Cree XRE seems a bit big compared to the luxeon and i have also heard that it's a bit difficult to make it work with luxeon based reflectors (i don't really care about black rings and stuff like that), so how difficult will it be to do this mod ?

3) About my Striker mod, the "hand picked" luxeon led installed on my striker is pure white and it is extremely valueable to me when i am working on chemical processing plants where every single pudle could potentialy be something nasty. So is the led i chose white enough for the job ?

4) What would be the expected output increase from each light ? MattK is already offering a pre-moded Striker and says that the estimated output is more or less double compared to the existing ! :D But what about the LF1 with either a Cree (if that's easy and straight forward to do) or alternatively another Seul P4.

Thanks in advance.

Secur1

Enlightened
Guess i posted this in the wrong section.....

Can someone plz move this to somewhere more appropriate ?

Latest posts