Happy happy joy joy !!!

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
Happy happy joy joy !!! :laughing: Happy happy joy joy !!! :grin2: Happy happy joy joy !!! :D

My ML-1 arrived today from Milky!! :clap:

Cree P4-WH with a 20 ohm resistor in the tailcap for a good low power.

This thing is FREAKIN' AWESOME !!!! :rock:

His work and craftsmanship is incredible. The first thing that sticks out in my mind is that he uses some diffusion film to smooth out the beam. He put it on the INSIDE of the window. So many hacks out there would have just stuck it on the outside. Small detail, but so important.

My hope for this light was to have a perfected L-1. Nice low power to preserve night vision, and plenty of high power. I especially wanted at least the stock runtime on low, >100 hours.

The low power is just slightly brighter than the low on a regular L-1, and the high power is almost tactical brightness. I don't have any light measuring equipment, so this is subjective, but I am totally thrilled.

I had been reading through threads about the Cree, and was getting worried about a 'raccoon eye' ring; not to be, because of the film. In fact the beam is perfect; brightest at the center, and dimming slightly toward the outside. No definite hotspot, and the flood itself is as bright as the spot on my Q3.

In true CPF fashion, I have ordered two more from Scott! These ML-1s are THAT good!

If I could only have one light, this one would be it. This is the working light by which all others will be forever judged. :bow:

Thanks, guys. Just had to gloat!

Last edited:

Danbo

Enlightened
Milky does some great work, that's for sure. I've got another one of his creations coming in any day now, and I can't wait. :)