some advise pls

mauiwowie

Newly Enlightened
aloha all...i've been looking for a small keychain flashlight to give to my dad. Can you guys recommend a good one. Going for the best all around-brightest,lightest,smallest,good battery. I'm willing to spend some $ on it.

There's a couple i've been looking at, but i'm thinking of going with the CR2 ion with the cree upgrade.

Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a Fenix or huntlight, some batts and ..., from lighthound and they will most likely add a bonus keychain light Your dad will be pleased with
;)

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
The CR2s use a weird, expensive battery.

I would recommend the Arc AAA-Premium. I love mine; plenty of like, nice knurling to hang on to, doesn't mare easily, esay to find AAA batts. In fact, it runs BETTER on the Alkalines rather than the Engergizer Lithium disposables.

Or a Fenix P1D CE (has the Cree).

speederino

Enlightened
The ORB, CR2 Ion, Draco, and Fenix L0D-CE are all lights you should investigate. I'm sure there are others, but these immediately come to mind.

FWIW, I have both the original Ion and the XRE-upgraded Ion. I prefer the original. The smooth wall of light beam is unique and perfect for close up wide area illumination.

Stream

Enlightened
yellow said:
get a Fenix or huntlight, some batts and ..., from lighthound and they will most likely add a bonus keychain light Your dad will be pleased with
;)
lol That's true. Lighthound is great, I've also gotten a bonus keychain light with some purchases from Lighthound

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another shout for the Arc AAA-P.
thumbsup.gif

CFU

mauiwowie

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the responses guys. The pierce light looks good and so does the fenix P1D CE. Anybody else got any suggestions? Thanks

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
If you want to stick to more traditional batteries then I would recommend the L0D-CE or the L1D-CE.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Fenix P1DCE or the newer L1DCE would be a good bet, L1DCE runs on AAs and from their specs they have alot to offer at a reasonable price. Just introduced so maybe quite hard to get one at the moment.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the CR ION because of its floody beam and it is very reliable and is built to take some abuse. I have the alum bronze model and I've dropped it several times on my concrete driveway and it has NO scratches or anything on it. I use mine a lot for reading. You could easily carry this light as a primary light on a moonless night and have a very good beam.

wmirag

Enlightened
Go for the original CR2; the floody beam is regulated for like 40 hours on low and 1.5 hours on high. A more useful and useable light in that size is hard to imagine. And at 40 hours regulated run time, Dad won't be buying many batteries. It was my EDC for over a year until the CR2 Titanium with Cree.

W.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
L0D CE or L1D CE might be good to you.

I don't like CR123A because it is tooooo expensive... A CR123A would cost me CNY 20 but to AA/AAA it is only about CNY 2.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
fineday said:
L0D CE or L1D CE might be good to you.

I don't like CR123A because it is tooooo expensive... A CR123A would cost me CNY 20 but to AA/AAA it is only about CNY 2.
Just stay away from the "heavy duty" carbon acid batteries. It's worth it to get alkalines.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Another vote for the original CR2 Ion. Very long runtime on low. CR2 batteries are easy to find cheap on the web. Very pocketable. Hard anodizing holds up fine. Your dad will be thrilled.