Technological fix

wakibaki

Newly Enlightened
I put my hand in my pocket yesterday morning to pull out my P1D-CE and it wasn't there. It's lived there since I got it. Only a week or so.

I looked in my jacket, it wasn't there. I looked in the car, sometimes things escape my pants pocket. It wasn't there.

So I looked in the pants, the jacket, the pants, the car, the pants and the laptop bag (I don't keep it in the laptop bag). No.

I was pretty sure what had happened. Out walking the dogs the previous night, I must have pulled it out with the bags I use to pick up the dogshit or the rope 'monkey's fist' thingy they like to chase. I didn't remember using the torch.

It was a lousy day at work.

When I got home I raced around the house looking in all the likely places.

No.

I came to a kind of rest in the hall, not really looking at anything, all my attention focussed inward on beating myself up (I'm always loosing things, I'm so careless, I'm lazy, I'm a failure, I don't do enough for other people, I'm a disappointment to myself) when I realised I was looking at something black. Lurking in behind the 12D floodlight on the floor, there it was.

Happy, happy, happy.

Jesus. Has it really come down to this?

I heard some of that UN report on global warming on the news this morning.

Gloomy.

I been a believer in technological fixes all my life. I sure as hell hope we can fix this...

w

FirstMain

Newly Enlightened
Glad you got the light back....

As for the global warming thing, our odds of fixing that are about the same as swimming back up Niagara Falls.

However, the saving grace is that we, above all other creatures on this planet, are the most adaptable.

We will survive, but not all of us.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superb, waki. That's much better than watching, in horror, as a cherished possession slips out of your hand and jumps over the side of the boat, for example. Your 3xHappy was a good, description.

We can only hope that when the major players get serious about the earth's environment...it's not too late.

Illum

Flashaholic
whatever happened to the once popular tritium insert?

cant find a light? turn out the lights, let your eyes adjust and VOILA!