Surefire U2 Question

seanmac45

Newly Enlightened
Greetings;

New to the board and my first post. I have just acquired a Surefire U2. My EDC is a 6z in a Milt Sparks combo mag/Surefire pouch.

Much to my annoyance, it would appear as if the light will not fit due to the pocket clip.

Can anyone recommend a belt pouch/holster that fits this unit?

It really is much larger than the 6z, so much so that I doubt I will carry it unless I can come up with a satisfactory belt carrier for it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sean

Last edited:

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
SM45, Welcome to CPF. I would highly recommend a holster made by John Willis. If you do a CPF search you should be able to find him. Absolutely top notch. Cheers.

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can remove the clip pretty easily just use your thumbs to push the plastic ring back and just spread the metal a little and go back and forth removing the clip. Pretty easy. To reapply the plastic ring just line it up and use the tailcap to press it on by twisting it on....Good stuff.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for John

He made me two pouches and the quality and price can not be beat!!

fnmag said:
SM45, Welcome to CPF. I would highly recommend a holster made by John Willis. If you do a CPF search you should be able to find him. Absolutely top notch. Cheers.

seanmac45

Newly Enlightened
65535:

Thanks! You saved me some money. I followed your directions and removed the pocket clip. Once done, I was able to fit the light into my Sparks leather mag/light combo pouch. It took five minutes to work it in and out as it was slightly tight, but now I am set.

This light puts the 6Z to shame. I think the U2 will become my primary carry.

Thanks to all for helping out a new CPF guy.

Sean

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF :)

Here's what you missed :D :poke: ... the John Willis U2 Holster ... this version with higher walls and a loop at the top:

U2holstersmall.jpg

U2holsteropensmall.jpg

bernie

seanmac45

Newly Enlightened
Hi and thanks for the pics;

I did send him an e-mail. No reply as of yet, but if he does get back to me I would be willing to pick one of those rigs up for my tac belt. How much do they run?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
John is very busy but usually comes through.

IIRC this one was roughly about $20-25, but I could be wrong. The stadnard non-custom version was cheaper still.
I have not much experience with holsters and stuff, but for a piece of this quality and handmade at that I think the price is ridiculously low.

bernie

Illum

Flashaholic
seanmac45 said:
This light puts the 6Z to shame. I think the U2 will become my primary carry.

that is to be expected, theres a great deal of technological advance between the creation date of these two lights:grin2:

seanmac45

Newly Enlightened
Only problem is.................................................

Now I want one of the mil-spec Kroma lights....................:rant:

Sean

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Sean,

John Willis also makes excellent Kroma pouches. I say this as I own a couple and they are to me 5 star quality craftsmanship.

Hope that helps,
John