U2-broken lens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid thats your best bet, seeing as in order to replace the lens you have to open the unit so if you are fine losing your warranty then just go find a goot UCL window and crack er open.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately your response (excuse me, LACK of acceptable response) from SF not unique--despite the allegence they seem to have from some.

Karl

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
I cannot imagine why you would get such terrible service from SF. My emails are always returned within a day and repair/replacement parts always get to me very quickly. Sorry to hear about the bad service.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't call my service (?) "terrible" but certainly not helpful. Possibly your influence (Campdavid?) draws special attention. :lolsign:

Please don't get me wrong, I believe their products to be some of the finest. I just don't believe that the standard "return the light to us" response is always the most efficient or cost effective method for servicing when that (rarely) is required.

Karl

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has always had good service for me, I have broken my E1L bezel Three times and it has been taken care of in a timely response. My suggestion would be to call them and get an RMA number and ship it out. you can ship it USPS Priority Mail insured for like $6 and mine was returned within two weeks. Best of all they have never asked me how it was broken, they just fix it. You can't beat that even if it takes some time.

Luna

Enlightened
Search for my reply a year ago. I gave the watch crystal dimensions for the u2

Luna

Enlightened
RedLed said:
Why drop a piece of equipment in the ocean? I do not like waste like that.

Sounds like a threat to use it as is.If damaged then head replacement will be a more expensive warrantee repair than a simple switch or glass. SF told me to just use mine with a crack in it. WWell that just doesnt sit well with me so i found a replacement but id rather have one AR coated. My u2 broke another switvh last week. Had plastic pieces coming out!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF you do not get it fixxed.....PLEASE PM ME. I will buy the light off you and of course pay for shipping to me. I've been wanting one for a while now. Please let me know if you are interested in selling it to me. Do you have Pay-pal? Look at it this way....The light will not go to waste or become shark food...AND you will have some money for another light.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!