OMG, these 3W LED are pretty bright!

viorel00

Enlightened
I tried one 3.44 W LED flashlight today at a store, that thing was damn bright! No wonder they put a laser like warning label on the package!

I certainly don't need such a monster, it could be dangerous, so what should I be looking for, 1 W LED, 0.5 W LED? I just want an LED flashlight that is just as bright, maybe a little more than a normal incandescent bulb, certainly not a monster like that one!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What size was that "monster" led light. Lot's of CPF'er have super bright lux III's, Lux V's, Cree led light, Seoul Led lights, that are 2-3 inches long.

Bill

viorel00

Enlightened
yeah, I looked at several, and I remember looking at that one too. Although the one I looked at had a prism-like mirror in the packaging to reflect the beam 90 degree. It may have been a different version of COAST though, I don't remember for sure.

Bright indeed, as I said, too bright for me.

greenLED

Flashaholic
viorel00 said:
I certainly don't need such a monster, it could be dangerous, so what should I be looking for, 1 W LED, 0.5 W LED? I just want an LED flashlight that is just as bright, maybe a little more than a normal incandescent bulb, certainly not a monster like that one!
:laughing: It's refreshing to see your post looking for a dimmer light. We tend to get carried away with trying to ge the brightest lights out there.

What do you want this light for? If a 1W LED is too bright, I'm thinking a light with a "regular" 5mm LED might do the job, but I can't be sure since I don't know what you'll be using the light for.