Surefire Titan purchasing story

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the Titan has been shown a SS07 I have wanted to purchase one pretty bad. So bad that without paying attention I was on both pre-sales lists which was pretty funny until I PM'ed Mike and told him the story LOL

So now i'm on one list.. you would think all is well... hmmm

First problem...shortly after getting on the list my car broke. A spring snapped and the car fell on the rear tire while driving! $500.00 later it's good to go. I figure this is not too bad and i'll still get a Titan.

Next week Movado has my watch for what I believe was a battery repair (est $20.00)... I get the call that the movement is broken and it will be almost $300 to repair it, fix the crystal and add a link to the band. BLAH

Now that i've spent this money I still may call on my CC company to get the Titan "lolsign" I kept thinking botu getting off the list but can't do it. The torch is too dam neat!!

It almost funny what as come up since the list.

Is being on the list bad luck?? :)

I had to share...I thought it was crazy funny

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
Since I put myself on the pre-order list, I've changed my diet to ramen :lolsign:

Well seriously, it's really harsh when stuff like that happens when you are looking forward to buying something else. The problem is that you probably can't drop off the list either, since they'll sell out. I hope you manage to get one, as long as it doesn't mean a big sacrifice for your economy. :broke:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titan is a more accurate timepiece and gets better fuel economy anyways! :)

MicroE

Enlightened
I haven't put myself on anybody's waiting list for the Titan.
If the lights are launched and I have the money at that moment, then I will buy one.
If there are none available or I'm broke, then I will wait for the aluminum version.
I have a wife, two kids, two cars and a house to worry about.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Get the Titan, even if you need to get in debt for it... why? well, such a limited edition surefire is bound to get a good price after it sells out. If you regret your decision, you can always sell it with a little profit to pay off the cc bill and the interest.

On the other hand... Debts are bad and the Titan is very impressive, but IMHO not $500 impressive.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear ya. I wish I was strong enought to sell. I always start the thread and end us "missing" the light before it is sold. LOL

that is a good point. If my CC is too crazy i'll proabaly try to sel her..But i'm not stong LOL

MayCooper said:
Get the Titan, even if you need to get in debt for it... why? well, such a limited edition surefire is bound to get a good price after it sells out. If you regret your decision, you can always sell it with a little profit to pay off the cc bill and the interest.

On the other hand... Debts are bad and the Titan is very impressive, but IMHO not $500 impressive.

pietruck

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the collectable side of lights.

I am an avid collector of many other things though.

I recognize that this light is both limited in production and unique.

I am wondering if this is a good investment light.

What is the value increase on something of this nature?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
my thing is... I don't even care if it goes up, down or whatnot. I really just want to to see the engineering, design and variable output. Seeing as this may sound silly, just as I hold Don's lights to a "god like" level, this would be the PK equal IMO. I EDC my A19 Cree and use to EDC my PD. I'm sure this light will see some EDC love too (prob lessening the re-sale) but I could never imagine selling it.

I have he same issue re-fitting my PD.. I think i'd rather just buy another with a cree or SSC in it.

Call me kookie :)

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
I would get the Movado fixed, then turn around and sell it. That will cover the cost of the Titan...and you can always make due with a crappy watch for a little while.