Anybody here from Colorado?

LawKid

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I'm currently trying to figure out where I want to eventually move to.

Currently I live in Miami and I really hate it. Aside from the fact that I feel like I'm in a foreign country (I don't mean to sound racist, but I do feel like an outsider here), I just don't see what there is to like here. The weather isn't as great as people think, it's either too hot, or raining - or a hurricane is about to come through.... or is coming through (read - I'm hiding in the bathroom).... etc etc.

I've looked at the major cities, Boston, NYC, Chicago, San Fran, etc.... and while all have some nice qualities about them, I think I'd get very tired of the politics and the people.

I remember when I briefly visited Indiana a while ago, I was amazed at how nice everybody was. I'm looking for that type of mentality, in a slightly more urban environment, and preferably where the 2nd amendment still applies. That's not of the utmost importance or anything, but I feel that a state's view of the 2nd amendment is a reflection of how it views its people. Places that don't look favorably on it I think view their people as criminals in the making, and places that look favorably upon it view their people as... people, just like them. I feel that mentality translates into how people treat each other.

Colorado has come into my sights as its very 2nd amendment friendly, and I've heard some great things about living there. I also love skiing and snow - so that would be a plus.

If anybody could tell me what they think of Colorado, and if they live there how they like it - that would be great as I try to make a decision. The last time I was there I was on a skiing trip, so I need to make a trip out there to just walk and drive around..... do plenty of meeting people to see how friendly the people are, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

kevinm

Enlightened
Colorado's fairly 2nd Amendment friendly, but the people in Washington, Arizona, and Missouri are friendlier. Also, all three are okay with firearms of all kinds. I've heard good things about Montana too. South Dakota had really friendly people and some carried firearms openly.

I was born here in CO in a little town and now live outside of Denver. It's a beautiful place, but you need to know that the town people and the country people are worlds apart in every respect. Also, CO is a high desert. Don't look for much green here. The cost of living in Denver/Boulder is high.

If you come out for a visit, PM me and I'll buy you a beer.

Kevin

Latest posts