LED flashlight advice needed please

fluff34567

Newly Enlightened
hi all,

new member here so please be gentle!! I am sure this has been covered before but i couldnt find it so.............

i am looking for a small handheld bright LED flashlight that uses normal AA or AAA batteries, when I say small it shouldnt be any longer than a normal sized pen.

A friend has a 1.25W ledlenser that runs on AAA's but I am after something brighter - i saw the jetbeam jet1 but was wondering what else is out there, maybe in the 3W category.

Would someone be kind enough to suggest some flashlights?

it will be used at work so nothing thats a bit delicate please!

many thanks in advance
rob

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello fluff34567 and welcome to CPF:)

Take a look to the Fenix lights. Very good lights for the money and common here at CPF.

Best regards

_____
Tom

Glockamolie

Newly Enlightened
If you go Fenix, buy one that has the "CE" on the end of the model name. You'll pay more for it, but it will make a lot of difference in performance.

fluff34567

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks for that... I assume the CE is this "creed" led i have seen mentioned on here?

fineday

Newly Enlightened
:)Welcome to CPF!

Have a look at L0DCE or L1DCE from Fenix, maybe you would like it.

fluff34567

Newly Enlightened
well i jumped in and bought a LD2 (the 3w 2x AA one) its cheap enough so shall see what its like. I nearly bought the jetbeam from another site but the shipping to switzerland was about $30 so i didnt bother.

In the meantime a friend would like a " high power" as he puts it large flashlight something like a 2 or 3D cell maglight but he wants LED also am I correct in thinking you can get 5W and 7W led lights? but these must be quite expensive right?

sorry for all the questions....... :ohgeez:

wacomme

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this forum too. I'm also a novice looking for a great flashlight, probably a cree model since that seems to be the newest and greatest at the moment. I've heard that many crees are on the horizon, soon to be available for purchase. I had a mental list of potential flashlights in my head last week when I started reading this forum, but the more I read, the more confused I get.

Can someone make a list of current and upcoming flashlights that may suit my wishes?

Wants: variable power without the pulse modulation, small (fits in the palm of my hand; probably one battery), waterproof (or highly water resistent), durable, white beam, round beam, at least 80+ lumens on high, long battery life on low beam.

I've looked at the Fenix P1 and JetBeam (using these for comparison)

Thanks for your help.

Michael