tail spring for D M@glite??

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
i bought a 3D maglite yesterday at Home Depot for modding........the tail cap spring is different than past models.....it's much beefier looking.
looks like more wire is used in the winding.........will this spring cause more resistance?

Illum

Flashaholic
depends on the material used, but longer is good for two things
more battery tension to insure stable contact and trimmability [where you can trim the spring to a desired length suitable for your mods...as in the past to engthen a spring usually meant stretching it out]

Whether the resistance value is negelectable, it also depends on what do you plan to mod it into

hope that hellps, cheers :wave:

Carpenter

Enlightened
I have several new type springs like SummerWind described. Tested the ohms to see what need to be done and checking from the top of the spring to the outside of the tailcap was only .4 ohm.

oregon

Enlightened
summerwind said:
will this spring cause more resistance?

When I stand my spring up next to a mountain...yea, they look bigger.

Resistance is futile: solderless fix:

MGspringresistancefixdesolderingbra.jpg

oregon

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
hey thanks for the replies..........not sure why i'm so anal.......but i yam i yam i yam:lolsign:

Aepoc

Enlightened
If one were to do this spring resistance mod, why wouldn't they just solder, or (conductive)epoxy the braid right onto the body of the light? Of course the anodizing would have to be removed but it seems that this would produce the least resistance.

Latest posts