Super Bowl 2007

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ok, somebody's gotta start the thread... might as well be me. :)

I can remember where I was when the Janet Jackson Boobiegate fiasco happened during Super Bowl 2004... I was here in CPF, watching the halftime show out of the corner of my eye. I remember that Raggie was the first one to point out the "malfunction" heard 'round the world.

I'm not a sports fan so I'm primarily interested in the production aspects of the game as well as the commercials. They're using more than 40 HD cameras and a few high-speed cameras for super slow-mo playback. They're also recording all cameras so they can choose from over 40 angles for instant replays.

I'm completely ambivalent about who wins. They're both midwestern teams so I suspect that others feel the same way.

Anyway, let the discussions begin... :grin2:

Greta

Flashaholic
We have a Super Bowl "tradition" in our house... we always have my awesome nachos and watch the national anthem, the commercials and the half-time show. The game itself is only of interest if the Patriots are involved... :D ... Anyway... the challenge for us this year is to make my awesome nachos Weight Watcher friendly as my husband and I are really doing well on the program and don't want to blow it at this point. We'll see how it goes. BTW... the Super Bowl also happens to be a great family time for us... we have a great time with it... together... :grouphug:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Nachos rule! I'm going to my buddy's house, I'm bringing 7 layer dip and a 12 pack of Miller Lite. Dont worry, my fiancee will be with me so she can drive!

Da Bears!

Since I live in Gainseville,FL, I gotta root for the bears. Rex Grossman was a gator, Manning is a Tenn Volunteer.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Pats!!!

I knew I liked ya for a reason :)

Sasha said:
The game itself is only of interest if the Patriots are involved... :D :grouphug:

With my Patriots being out of it I normally pull for the AFC...

Let's just say I'd rather see 27 deflated Janet fun bags then one ring on Mannings finger :lolsign:

Go Bears!!!

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here at LumenHound Manor, nachos take a distant second place to a 10 pound platter of Buffalo wings made the same way Teresa Bellissimo did when she created them in the kitchen of the Anchor Bar & Restaurant back in '64.
The original recipe is not a secret.

I'm pulling for Chicago. Total combined score: 45.
Let's hope the game doesn't turn into the Super Bore by half time.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have no interest in the Supertoiletbowl unless the Seahawks are in it.
I might watch it just for the commercials...note I said "might" here, because I might just as probably have my tee vee tuned to GSN the whole day.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Sasha said:
We have a Super Bowl "tradition" in our house... we always have my awesome nachos and watch the national anthem, the commercials and the half-time show. The game itself is only of interest if the Patriots are involved... :D ... Anyway... the challenge for us this year is to make my awesome nachos Weight Watcher friendly as my husband and I are really doing well on the program and don't want to blow it at this point. We'll see how it goes. BTW... the Super Bowl also happens to be a great family time for us... we have a great time with it... together... :grouphug:

Sasha likes that PATS?? I gotta here this one!!! :lolsign:

TorchMan

Enlightened
It's a tradition to watch the game with my friends. It's also championship time for advertising. Rarely do commercials interest me.

I don' much watch the halftime shows (I still miss the old days when MTV would do a Beavis and Butthead halftime show, complete with timer for the actual game, so as not to miss a single second of it), I even missed Janet Jackson, and that game was played locally! Although the halftime shows have improved, it still lacks interest.

The games themselves haven't been quite as one sided this decade. As to this one, I'm going with the Bears, having picked against the Colts all through the playoffs. I like the Colts, wouldn't bother me to see them win, but it's up to their D to play like they have for the last few weeks.

We will be eating Mexican food until we burst. Dinners, plus snacking on party packs all night long. It's gonna set my weight loss back a good bit, not doubt, but there can be no compromise. No other "holiday", not even Thanksgiving, sees so much consumption. It's a food thing and a tradition.

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
It's Monday morning and the coverage starts in 10 minutes.
That will be 10AM here.

We don't get to see the commercials, have to wait for the highlights on the news etc. $3.5 million Aussie per 30secs....
Apparently Budweiser or someone has bought 5 minutes worth.

Enjoy the game

Regards
Dave

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who doesn't? :lolsign:

I think they are becoming America's new team.. and that' coming from a Boston boy who I swear is not biased lol

Radio said:

Greta

Flashaholic
Radio said:

I'm a native New Englander... only temporarily transplanted to the Wild, Wild West... y'all didn't know that?? :D

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Sasha!

That is cool that you are a New England native. I've lived here my entire life.

Thanks for helping create this great Community.

All My Best,
John

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Sasha said:
I'm a native New Englander... only temporarily transplanted to the Wild, Wild West... y'all didn't know that?? :D

OMG, We could be related. My relatives are right off the boat!!!! The Mayflower that is! :lolsign: When are you coming to New England? My company has six season tickets!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It was cool to see Billy Joel do the national anthem, but first few words opened like a rusty gate. I wonder if there was too much crowd noise for him to find his beginning pitch.

Also very cool to see the solders in Baghdad watching live.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
No Super Bowl fun for me tonight. I'm at work for about another hour. I guess that's OK though as I'm not a huge football fan
flamesuit.gif

- Chris