250-300 Lumen, SF L4 sized light?

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I hope you can help!

As the title says... is there such a light the size of a SF L4 (or even slightly bigger) that has an output of 250-300 lumens? basically I am looking for a light with these specs but let me know if this is just not possible!

• 250-300 Lumens (multi stage output if possible)
  • L4 size or slightly bigger
  • LED
  • At least 60 mins runtime
  • Beam type similiar to a P1D-CE (I have one of these and find it's a useful beam for me with some flood and decentish throw)
  • Any battery type but preferably 123As
I've seen that a couple of the Elektrolumens lights might be the sort of thing I need but none of his lights seem to be available at the moment and I wanted one fairly soon. All the other nice lights I see only seem to be 1 LED lights which as nice as they are just don't have the output I need, they seem to be pretty much all the same brightness but in different form factors and battery types.

Any recomendations welcomed!

Jason

fineday

Newly Enlightened
It seems that the brightest single LED now is only about 240 lumens... That's SSC LEDs working at 1000mA.

So... it may be hard to find the light which meets all your requirements.

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Are there any 2-3 cluster LED lights available with maybe Crees that would be close? I may be able to live with the size if it has to be bigger but I don't want something huge like a 3-4D Mag.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi JasonC,

I believe that the closest you'll get right now in a light that's basically immediately available is the Striker VG SSC P4 linked in my sig - specs and beamshots at the link.

I don't think you'll see anything quite so small as an L4 at that output simply because heat dissipation is a serious issue at the drive currents required to attain 200+ lumens.

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help people.
I've contacted Milkyspit and he's building a light not much bigger than my L4, 3x Soul LEDs in a KL2 Head outputting approx 273 Lumens for about 90mins. Its pretty much exactly what I need so aslong as it does'nt fry after a couple of uses I'm happy (for now :whistle:)
That Striker VG also looks pretty impressive I must say so if my milkyspit build go's pear shaped for any reason I might consider that.

Cheers
Jason

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Jason:)

Yes, Customs are the way to go:grin2:. I.E. this one:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/125767

More tiny, no problem:

inhand.jpg

Best regards

______
Tom

Lexus

Enlightened
Once you succumbed to the seduction of custom lights, it's hard to go back! Wallet, beware! :broke:

mdocod

Flashaholic
a Tri-Cree XRE (or Seoul P4 U) 2C magmod with a pair of AWs up and coming C size li-ion cells, and a good buck circuit that can run up to around 1.5 amps (~500ma per LED would help keep things efficient) should give over 300 torch lumens for over 2 hours... drawback is that it is kinda bulky.