• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! ***SOLD PF***

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

FebSale1.jpg

monster2.jpg

monster1.jpg

Item #1: 4x5watt WX1T bin LED Mini Monster Quad.

- Built by 3rd_Shift
- Mag 2C host, pewter
- 4x5watt WX1T emitters
- Direct Drive, parallel
- 600+ Lumens
- 3.5-3.8 Amp draw on 2xunprotected LG18650s
- Each emitter driven at 1.2As
- 30-40 minute runtime
- over $160 in Luxeons alone!!
- 4xso20 reflectors
- Write-rite corrective film to smooth out beam
- Very white, slightest tinge to the cool side
- The ULTIMATE wall-of-light light!!!
- Brightest LED light in my entire arsenal!!!

Added features 2/7/07:
- Custom PVC battery holder
- Custom battery spring in tailcap
- SOLAS USCG reflective tape on body

ASKING $275 shipped CONUS. International buyers please add $10 dollars. ***Now $210*** ***SOLD PF***

Item #2: Aleph 2 - Cree Mod!

Cree2.jpg

Cree1.jpg

Item #2: Shoppe Built Aleph XR19 (Aleph 2) flashlight.

- Aleph 2 host
- Cree XR emitter
- Near perfect HA color match
- McClickie tailswitch
- 1x123 or 1xR123 battery
- Built by The Shoppe
- Color matched parts
- Perfect Conidition

From the Shoppe:

The A19 Cree XR-E flashlight is comprised of an Aleph 19 head, 1x123 powerpack and McTC /McClickie switch.

The head houses a specially designed XR-E Reflector, a Cree XR-E LED light engine and sapphire window with single sided AR coating. The XR-E LE has a fully-regulated GD825(buck/boost) driver which runs on 1 CR123 or 1 R123. A 3.7V Li-ion battery will work too.

ASKING $200 shipped CONUS. International buyers please add $10 dollars. ***NOW $180******SOLD***

Conditions:
1) First person to post "I'll take it" here in this thread takes priority.

2) Payment must be made via Paypal only. If you simply cannot pay by Paypal, please contact my privately and I can try to work something out on a case-by-case basis.

3) Pricing listed above includes shipping as indicated and I will accept CC payments. However, all Buyers must add 3% to the priced indicated to cover PayPal fees.

4) Shipping: For all items priced under $50 dollars the cost includes First Class shipping with DC. All items priced over $50 dollars the cost will include Priority Mail shipping with DC. In either case, the price does not include insurance or other mailing services. If you would like changes to your shipping (upgrades, insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) please PM me to work out any additional costs. I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.

5) The Buyer is hereby asked to remit to my PM subsequent any post of "I'll take it" within 24 hours. Several recent incidents have put me in a difficult and unwanted postion of being between an unresponsive buyer and the next individual in line. So I am asking you now, that if you cannot respond within 24 hours, please indicate in the thread publically or PM me of your intentions. Communication is king! If I do not hear from you, I will simply relist the item as "still available". No hard feelings.

Man, I feel like a lawyer!! What happened to the good ol days?!

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) / Aleph XR19 (Cree)!

:bumpit: ......with some details added.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pictures MSax! Very nice photography. Did you use a very tight aperture to get the whole lights in focus?

Oh, and the lights are both really nice too. The A19 cree head is in my want list. I'll keep my eye on this. Somebody buy it before I cave!

Good luck with the sale! Free bump.

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pictures MSax! Very nice photography. Did you use a very tight aperture to get the whole lights in focus?

Thanks for the complement, although I really don't consider myself an accomplished photographer. I use a Sony DSC-W100. I use an automatic setting with some manual control. The camera will automatically adjust the aperture to focus on all parts of the target being captured. I just let the camera do its work... :grin2:. Told you I'm not a photographer.

Is #2 a 2 stage light?

No the tailcap is a McClickie, so it is only on/off, tactical momentary, LOTC. No two-stage. Sorry.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! / Aleph XR19! $$$ DROPS!!

:bumpit:

.....Tuesday morning price drops in effect. :)

MSax

Mark H.

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! / Aleph XR19! $$$ DROPS!!

Wow! An A19 Cree XR-E for $180? If I hadn't already spent $375 on lights here in the last two weeks (a drop in the bucket for many of you, I realize), I would snap it up in an instant.

Someone is going to get a terrific bargain on this!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take #2. PM sent.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! $$$ DROP in Effect!!

MARNAV1,

Thanks for your interest. PM replied.

MSax

bxstylez

Enlightened
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! $$$ DROP in Effect!!

w0w thats a beautiful mini monster quad....... willing to part out just the head with those 4x5w leds in it?
i'm planning on putting it on a plain black mag2c body.......

i can paypal cash asap tonight, so let me know if you're interested

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

bxstyles,

Thanks for your interest, but I don't think it is that easy to just swap heads on the light. There will be a positive and negative wire that will extend out the bottom of the head and will require soldering to the switch assembly inside the body.

I'm not comfortable chopping up the light without damage, so I'll have to pass on your offer to purchase just the head.

Thanks though!
MSax

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP sent last night, did you get it? I have to work until about noon and I will check
back on this.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

MARNAV1,

Payment received!! PM Sent.

A19 sold to MARNAV1!!

Thanks again, it will ship this morning.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! REDUCED: $235!!

Price drop on the Monster Quad!

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! FURTHER REDUCED: $225!!

...Last drop before I just keep this baby.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! FURTHER REDUCED: $225!!

Wednesday morning "stop the bleeding" sale....:grin2:

Did I mention this thing is cranking out 600+ Lumens in a 2C Mag mod?

600+ Lumens for .... $210 dollars!

MSax

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! FURTHER REDUCED: $210!!

Those are "W" flux leds by the way. :wow:
600 lumens is acheived by driving just 700 milliamps to each led.
There is of course more power going to each led and therefore, a wee-bit more than just 600 lumens of solid state lighting coming from this "back pocketable" monster in this case. :rock:
It gave every 600-800 lumen 60 watt household bulb I had a run for it's money right before I shipped it to Msaxatilus. :grin2:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 3rd Shift Mini Monster Quad (4x5w) - 600+ Lumens!! FURTHER REDUCED: $210!!

Those are "W" flux leds by the way. :wow:
600 lumens is acheived by driving just 700 milliamps to each led.
There is of course more power going to each led and therefore, a wee-bit more than just 600 lumens of solid state lighting coming from this "back pocketable" monster in this case. :rock:
It gave every 600-800 lumen 60 watt household bulb I had a run for it's money right before I shipped it to Msaxatilus. :grin2:

....from the creator himself!!

Thanks for your additions 3rd!!!!

MSax

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened

hello Msax,

that's seems to be the ultimate EDC !, i'm very interrested, but i don't want use unprotected li-ons, are 18650 protected fits fine ?

thanks

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some protecteds do fit in there, some don't.
I tried.
Sometimes the current was too high for it to stay lit with AW's early model protecteds, but only barely, and sometimes those worked when rested for over a day after charging.

Mainly high performance "Welch Allen 1185 certified" protecteds will work.
I wish I knew if these newer batteries will fit in there.

A Maglite "2 and 1/2 C" cell tailcap extension will make any 18650 pair fit in there ok.

Latest posts