Surefire Trivia Time

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
Who knows what model this is? Or was it just a proto type that is now really <insert> model.

This thing was a beefy looking model *bomb proof?~!
It would be nice to add to a collection....

surefire-16.jpg

LawKid

Newly Enlightened
why do you need a flashlight to be bomb proof? If a bomb goes off with you next to it, I think your flashlight is the last of your concerns.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

supes

Enlightened
I think the meaning of "bomb proof" is to describe the reliability and durability of the light. In conditions where its less then ideal, having the light survive with your other equipment is imperative. Besides, it would be nice to have my light survive a blast, I can still go back and use it. :p

Never seen that pic of the light before, looks cool. Is that 3 LEDs on the bottom?

Illum

Flashaholic
dizzy said:
It's time to call in Size15's for the answer.:popcorn:

I dont know what time England is, but something tells me the Surefiremaster may be dead asleep...sometimes without his expertise the forum feels like losing a cornerstone:awman:

cheers to $IZ€15s:grin2:

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im almost certain that its a Millenium Handgun Weaponlight thats rail mounted on a carbine. Surefire discontinued the series.

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
supes said:
I think the meaning of "bomb proof" is to describe the reliability and durability of the light. In conditions where its less then ideal, having the light survive with your other equipment is imperative. Besides, it would be nice to have my light survive a blast, I can still go back and use it. :p

:)

Thanks Supes!

Size15's

Flashaholic
It never left the proto-type stage. I believe it was the M500C or M500D - specifically designed to be rail-mounted on the side of a rifle/carbine but my PC records for that long ago were lost in a hard-drive crash. It had a paddle rocker switch. It used the M3 bezel & lamps and housed three batteries. If I had a Zipdrive I could see whether I had any backups on the Zipdisks I still have...

SureFire had a wide variety of "M500" designs before settling on the current one.

Al

Illum

Flashaholic
[OT] nice reply Al, most of us wouldnt know tomatos from carrots about prototype surefire lights...

the post time reads 10:47PM, whats your time in England? [OT]

interesting, 3 cells in that little space?

Size15's

Flashaholic
03:47 (ten to four in the morning)
It's actually quite large since it's very similar in shape/form to the Millennium Series handgun WeaponLight
Here's one next to an X200A, and next to some other lights you may know:
x200-05.jpg

al-scout2.jpg

Obviously I've put a KL6 on it which makes it ever larger...

Some people said the Millennium Series handgun WeaponLight is too large for a handgun. Whilst my gut says "Only because your handgun [and hands] are too small..." I countered that putting a TurboHead on it to get tips it over the edge:

(Not my photo)

Handguns are getting bigger and bigger these days...

(Not my photo)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY MOLY!!!.........thats quite a difference in size!!
I'll take any of 'em!!
Anyone know if the newX300 or X300L will be the same size....besides the extra space required for the laser?

Any more Photos of Surefire prototypes?
Please, I WANT MORE!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X300 & X300L use the same host as the X200A/X200B - the bezel is a little bit longer but it still fits most of the holsters I'm told.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do you mean discharged a firearm at a WeaponLight mounted on another firearm?
Or perhaps used a WeaponLight mounted on a firearm.
Or even, discharged a firearm with a WeaponLight attached (using it to illuminate the targets)?

I have no real firearms experience [other than some clay shooting etc]
I am interested in the lights - the fact that they have weapons attached is less important to me.

GHEN

Newly Enlightened
P236.jpg

Just as an aside, this weapon in this configuration is highly restricted in the US.

The forward, vertical handgrip makes it an "Any Other Weapon" and it is subjected to the same controls as a machine gun...silly but true.

Of course it is also pretty cool!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hotlinking images - posting them without permission of the host is not allowed by CPF.
In this instance I give you retrospective permission to hotlink that image.
Al :)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking unit! Hotlinked or not yeah! Just because it's written in a lawbook
doesn't mean it's lawful! :)

Last edited:

GHEN

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
Hotlinking images - posting them without permission of the host is not allowed by CPF.
In this instance I give you retrospective permission to hotlink that image.
Al :)

Sorry, I thought since it was already in the thread it wasn't an issue.

I thank you for your "retrospective permission", and would like to retroactively request said permission.:grin2:

Thanks,

GHEN