surefire e1 question

Bigmark408

Newly Enlightened
i recently purchased a light advertised as an original e1 when i received it the head says E2 Executive on it.....the side of the head was not visible in the forsale pic........when i questioned the seller he said thats the way it came from surefire........can you guys tell me if this is true......did surefire sell the ol skool E1 with a head that reads E2 executive.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
I cant say for certain but i highly doubt surefire would sell any light with a different model on a light. Most likely it was legod together. Although it wont really matter for how the light works.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigmark408 said:
i recently purchased a light advertised as an original e1 when i received it the head says E2 Executive on it.....the side of the head was not visible in the forsale pic........when i questioned the seller he said thats the way it came from surefire........can you guys tell me if this is true......did surefire sell the ol skool E1 with a head that reads E2 executive.

Well.. the heads are technically the same if i'm not mistaken. The only difference in the head is within the lamp assembly. But that wouldn't affect what's written on the outside of the head. I believe the e1e uses the Mn01 assembly while the e2e uses the Mn02 assembly and an Mn03 asembly as a long runtime option.

Like redskin says, it wont affect the operation of the light. I guess it's just a cosmetic issue if you consider it an issue.

hope this helps
Maybe "sigline shrinker" can chime in here. He's got more SF info, pics, and knowledge than anybody i've seen on CPF.

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
The bezel of the E1 should have the word "E1 Executive" printed on it. That what printed on 2 of my E1.

Guess someone must be having fun playing SF lego.

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

On my E2D-BK and E2E-HA Bezel Heads the only print on them are a waring! No print that mention that the Bezel is for a E2E, E2D or E1E. I use an E2D Bezel and E2D tailcap on one of my E1E-BK. The E2E Bezel will fit the E1E.

On the body though, it says E1E (E2E) Executive Elite or E2D Executive Defender...

PA

B737Driver

Newly Enlightened
Per Arne said:
Hi,

On my E2D-BK and E2E-HA Bezel Heads the only print on them are a waring! No print that mention that the Bezel is for a E2E, E2D or E1E. I use an E2D Bezel and E2D tailcap on one of my E1E-BK. The E2E Bezel will fit the E1E.

On the body though, it says E1E (E2E) Executive Elite or E2D Executive Defender...

PA

He's talking about a SureFire E1, not a E1E. The E1 is the predecessor to the E1E. The E1 has a round body with the SF logo, serial #, and model name on the bezel, not on the body like the E1E.

I don't think SureFire would make a mistake like that, and if they did, what bulb did they put in it?
thinking.gif

Last edited:

Per Arne

Enlightened
Thank you for enlightning me B737Driver! :) Surefire E1 is new to me, I recon it uses one 123A Lithium battery and if so, would it be the MN01 Lamp that would fit in it?

PA

edit: E1 = MH01 Lamp... according to Surefire

Last edited:

Bigmark408

Newly Enlightened
Mint *original* Surefire E1 $95.00 shipped worldwide.* this is what the add said and i feel in the 2 pics that were posted the seller was deceptive in not showing the writing on the head that said E2 Executive........

VWTim

Enlightened
Which light came first? E2 or E1? Is it possible it's an early production E1 that used the E2 head as they already had them?

Bigmark408

Newly Enlightened
VWTim said:
Which light came first? E2 or E1? Is it possible it's an early production E1 that used the E2 head as they already had them?

thats what im hoping the folks here can tell me......as im pretty new to lights.

the seller did say it came from surefire that way.

Mike 208

Enlightened
My SF dealer (now retired) got the E1's in first. IIRC, the E2's were introduced some months later. I remember thinking the E1 was too small for my hands, but snapped up an E2 immediately when my dealer got them. Just before the E1E's came out, I broke down and bought an E1 (which I still have - I carry it in my uniform shirt pocket). Funny how opinions change - I really like the E1 now.