your lights that have NEVER failed?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I am curious out of all our members that can name a few of your lights that have never failed.....when I say never I mean not once from the time of purchase until they were sold or if you still have them until today.

I have very many lights and some are bargains while some are classic performers and even some customs. I know many will say their ARCs however even some of my ARC AAAs had that problem with not always starting on the first twist...it was later replaced for free however yes that was a failure none the less.....so list your lights that have never, no way, in any shape or form failed you.

My all time best performer with not one failure was my old duty light the SureFire Commander. This light did have a secondary battery issue with the old B90s not holding a charge and I am not sure if that would be a failure as I did have several batteries that worked well. This light was dropped and even used to smash a few windows and never once did it fail on me....I mean never. Second runner up was my first duty light the old Stinger....not one failure in about 4 years of use.

As far as pocket lights go my old style Infinity Ultra-Gs have been through hell and back and never once did any of them fail. Most all of my other small pocket type lights have had flicker or contact issues at one time or another but never my Ultra-G.

Current EDC for now is my old LOP and so far it has never failed me at all however has not had as much carry as my others. I bought one of the old ARC seconds in the LS style with the low dome and NX-05 that never failed me. I did not carry it long until I had LitFuse work his magic on it with a TWOH and reflector along with a current increase. This light has never failed me however has not had that much rugged use.

My most dependable and most used back up light is my current carry TW4. This light has saved my butt more than once when I forgot to keep a charge on my main duty light (Raider 9D) and needed light quick. I have a VG1 body and in spite of some having contact issues or tail cap problems mine has never failed once. This has became my go-to light that I can honestly say I have full confidence in as it simply works every time.

So give some of your lights that have never failed...I am curious if others have had the same results as I have with the same lights.

vtunderground

Enlightened
My Pelican 2630 headlamp has seen some heavy abuse over the past few years, but has always worked flawlessly (I can't say that about my PT EOS and Apex).

edit:

lights that HAVE failed me...

Numerous Maglite products. They all seem to develop electrical problems at the most inconvenient times.

Surefire L4. It's the stupid clicky switch.

PT EOS and Apex. The EOS had this weird electrical thing going on, the only way I could turn it off was by taking the batteries out. And the Apex didn't really die, but the body cracked, so it was pretty much useless until PT replaced it.

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
Most of my lights are quite recent so telling they have never failed would not mean a lot, I guess.
My old maglites (6C and several Minimags 2AAA, however, never failed, and this since 1991.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions McKinley 7 LED (my first love) has never failed on me :) been using it shortly since i have been on board

The light has Gold Plated SOLID brass Contacts, with pocket body, its small and invisible in my pocket. always right there when I need it. very reliable simple twisty.

I clean the threads once in 4 - 6 months, apply nyogel and that's all about it.

it's solid, potted and sealed light, it will take the rain with charm, can fall to the depth of swimming pool without any hassle. *yes* it works everytime even inside water :)

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS B60, SF U2 and G2, WE M9 (blew a bulb after I gave it away..) and PT Apex.

The U2 had a somewhat tempermental tailswitch, but I got a new one from SF before the old one failed.

I keep my lights charged and in decent shape I see no reason why they should die on me:D

Last edited:

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Probably my Photon II that resided on my keychain for years and I now carry around my neck, and then there's my Safe-Light Super Bright that my dog used as chew toy. Still works fine and it still stays on my night stand so I can find my glasses.

DaveG

Enlightened
Have to agree the Infinity lights I have always work.Mine are the older CMG style,have a old non ultra I got many years ago.Beat up, dim white led,still works fine.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Arc LSL/clickie, UK 4AA eLED, PALight, Dorcy (Cool Blue, Metal Gear), Fenix (E0, E1, L0Pse). The clickie lights probably haven't been used enough to expect switch failure and the Fenix have seen regular maintenance. Even with care my old Arc AAA and CMG Infinity sometimes fail (small metal rings in bottom of battery tube improve this problem).

Geoff

rik

Newly Enlightened
I've not had a failure from my Orb Raw NS since I got it 2 weeks ago :)

Seriously though, I've not had my SureFire L2 fail, nor my Gladius - both excellent lights. The L2 is for sale at the moment though, since I basically don't use it.

If it doesn't sell, then it's going to be a present for an LEO, I suspect.

paulr

Flashaholic
If my Arc AAA doesn't start on the first twist but starts on the 2nd or 3rd twist I don't think of that as a real failure. I think it's always started on the 1st twist on alkaline batteries but has taken a few twists on zinc-carbon batteries when I've used those. I do count it as a failure if I try to use a light and the batteries are unexpectedly dead, even though that's not the light's fault.

I don't think my Ultra-G has ever failed but I haven't used it as much by comparison.

I've had a Photon II fail, it got stuck "on" and eventually drained its batteries (I fixed it by bending the led leads outward a little bit when changing the cells). That failure took a long time to develop (switching got looser and looser) so I saw it coming and could have taken countermeasures earlier.

I can't think of any times when my Fenix L1p failed. Any failure would have meant just a dead battery.

My Tekna Splashlite never failed though as an incan its bulb will surely burn out someday.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for my Arc-P also!!!

paulr said:
If my Arc AAA doesn't start on the first twist but starts on the 2nd or 3rd twist I don't think of that as a real failure. I think it's always started on the 1st twist on alkaline batteries but has taken a few twists on zinc-carbon batteries when I've used those. I do count it as a failure if I try to use a light and the batteries are unexpectedly dead, even though that's not the light's fault.

I don't think my Ultra-G has ever failed but I haven't used it as much by comparison.

I've had a Photon II fail, it got stuck "on" and eventually drained its batteries (I fixed it by bending the led leads outward a little bit when changing the cells). That failure took a long time to develop (switching got looser and looser) so I saw it coming and could have taken countermeasures earlier.

I can't think of any times when my Fenix L1p failed. Any failure would have meant just a dead battery.

My Tekna Splashlite never failed though as an incan its bulb will surely burn out someday.

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
I am in the boat of a recent-flashaholic so some of my lights are too new to be applicable here.

My G2 has seen moderate use and is still awesome.
My TLR-1 has rode on my handgun for awhile and is still awesome.

I have not EVER had a little squeeze keychain light last for me. A friend recommended th at I try a Photon, so we will see...