6P Defender came in today... ouch.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this thing out of the box. Pretty neat! A little different than some of the pictures I've seen. It just has the "Surefire" logo on one side with the serial no./patent no., and "6P DEFENDER" in small bold letters on the other side. Those teeth mean business though! I was suprised at that. I wouldn't want that coming down on me, it would take a chunk right out of ya - which is the point. The "strike bezel" is actually the lens retaining ring as well. One thing they did right on this light was to leave a gap when the clickie tailcap is screwed down for a lanyard ring, usually there isn't with the clickies. Heres' a couple of pics...

picture16bg8.jpg

picture17pf4.jpg

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
Nice to have some impressions of this. I'm actually concidering a purshase, and this makes me want one a little bit more. Thanks KDO!

roadie

Enlightened
oh Do beware those edges, like when u do put them in yr jeans or pants, they do 'cut' the pockets!

best get a pouch for the light and best faced down inorder not to cut yrself when trying to draw

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well by the time you buy the extra bezel and the clickie tailcap, it would cost more than a 6P Defender. Besides, its all Surefire and made in USA.

highorder said:
considering the price of the G&P bezel from www.lighthound.com I wonder about the cost of the 6P defender...

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Defender today from a local Brick and Mortar and am very impressed with what SF has done. Its almost like the R&D guys figured out what my plans were to use parts from lighthound, and went ahead and built the light themselves.

The defender is definatley bulkier than the E2D, but because it is basically a 6P with crenalations and a clicky tail-cap, it also opens up the option of having a impact LED light with one of the numerous drop-in LA's available.

As others have noted it would have been nice to have HA-III considering the more rugged connotations it was created for, but that's a minor issue for me as I don't plan on using this really for SD; I'm just hopelessly addicted to SF and haven't found the right rehab program yet :banghead: .

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Nice purchase and nice pic. We got a bunch in stock and I've been wanting to open and play with one. I suppose I'll have to now. Do you think that bezel ring will be easily removable? Perhaps someone could machine up a Porcupine bezel :)