USPS delivery problem

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
i dont know if this is the right place for this.. but it wont get much attention anywhere else... Lucentoptics sent me my EnVee and otterbox out on the 2nd of February. Today i get home expecting to see it.Nothings here.. (my brother and sister were home while the regular mail was delivered). When i check it's status, it says its been delivered at 2:43PM... but no sign of it anywhere... i called USPS and they said they would call back later with any extra info they get. Does anyone know if theres a possibility it could turn up tomorrow? Could the online system be wrong and show it's scheduled delivery date? I might be over reacting.. but ive had to file a claim for something like this before.. it took weeks to send in the affidavit, ect.. i really dont want to have to go throguh that again. Any info/reassurance is appreciated!

Chris

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it shows delivered and you didn't get it, they you'll want to check with family members, neighbors, and addresses that your mail might regularly get misdelivered to. Also look around if they may have left the package elsewhere. That Delivered status is scanned and entered by the letter carrier as the package is dropped off.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've informed my post office that they are not to leave packages on my door becasue half of them get picked up by passers by (stolen by thieves). Unfortunaely they sometimes forget and I'm missing a shipement. My last package was open cell foam for air filtration. I wonder what the thieves were thinking when they opened that up. They were probably wondering where the expensive item is that needs this much packing foam. LOL. Anyway, I paid $2 plus $15 shipping for that and I expect paypal will re-emburse me the $2 very soon. The seller is very upset and keeps writing to me in all caps accusing me of robbing him by opening a dispute. I don't think that any delivery service should ever just leave a package on a doorstep within view of any public area.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
ive looked everywhere.. called down the street to a house that frequesntly gets our mail.. he seemed offended that i asked if he had it. However, this isnt some foam.. its a 330$ item.. im not going to open a dispute with lucent optics as the have been very helpful... i dont know what i should do from here to , in anyway possible, avoid filing a claim and sending an affidavit ...however, i think thats what it may come to.

Madz

Enlightened
Make sure your post office does not have it. Maybe they didnt drop ti off because nobody was home and forgot to give you a notice. If that is the case they will try again to deliver it tomorrow.

Ragnarok

Newly Enlightened
For things that I want to make certain are delivered and not dropped off or left to be found by others, I request a "signature required" delivery method from the seller. The extra cost is worth the peace of mind.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
yea i shouldve gotten a signature conformation... last time they delivered a package from gary. they just stuck it right into the mailbox.. ill call the post office tomorrow.. if someone had taken it from the mialbox, do you think they wouldve taken the mail too?

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
This very reason is why I love having a locking mailbox. I also told the postman to never leave packages that do not fit in the mailbox, and that I'd be happy to drive to the post office to pick it up. I've never had a problem with missing packages.

If this package was insured (I'm not sure if LucentOptics insures [but they should]), you shouldn't have any problem with it. It sounds like you've had experience with this in the past, so I hope all ends well.

Good luck :-\

dr_lava

Enlightened
Well, you may eventually find out who stole it... they guy with the new eyepatch!

Seriously, though, good luck in seeing this through. Paperwork is no fun at all.

Empath

Flashaholic
One post has been removed.

Please remember that illegal activity isn't permitted for discussion, nor are injurious recommendations wanted.

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
i wrote a letter to the mailman and i'm going to put it in the mailbox for him to find today. Hopefully he has some information about this for me.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Print a copy of the delivery confirmation and take it to the post office. The post office never left me a notice at my residence. I waited 5 days until I went to the post office. The post office had my package all that time.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - try to talk in person to your mailman if possible - they should remember a package delivered within a couple days or have some clue about it if you describe it. And as suggested above another excellent recommendation - print out that D.C. notice of delivery and take it to the P.O. and ask where it is? Since I see you're in high school don't let'em brush you off - Insist on some resolution and write down names and what they are going to do - be polite but explain that it's a valuable package that is missing and you need to know where it is. I would make a point of insisting that the mailman for your area call and talk to you if there is no chance of being home when they deliver. The P.O. should be able to arrange this Oh and make sure your brother or sis aren't messing with you by hiding the package they know you've been waiting for so anxiously :D

Last edited:

crailtap25

Newly Enlightened
ahh happiest person alive!!!! i got a letter from the maillady today.. (in response to the one i wrote) it said my usualy lady was off today and she'dd call me soon.. i was soo disappointed.. when i got back from getting x-rays for my broken collarbone, it was on the door step!!!! this 120mw envee is awesome.. otterbox is the bext thing ever for it.. you have no idea how excited/ releived i am.

Illum

Flashaholic
I find it stupid how another home in a neighborhood that joins on your street has the same house number as you....:ohgeez:

even though the street addess is different we sometimes get each other's mail...no far none of my packages was lost because of it, but thats another thing to watch for

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a house in a different city 30 miles from here that has a similar address. Sometimes they get my FedEx packages; But only FedEx is stupid enough to deliver to the wrong city 3 times.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get my neighbors mail about once a week - last time 4 pieces of their mail in my mailbox! Very sloppy mail carriers around here but fortunately there are all good and honest people in the neighborhood. Thanks for updating us and always glad to hear a happy ending on mail problems.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have endured probably every USPS SNAFU possible. I hesitate to give examples because they wouldn't be believed.

I solved my problems with packages years and years ago by having all of them delivered to a friend's store.

• They deliver to him all the time.

• He is on a first name basis with the carriers.

• He has very consistant hours. They know when he will be there.

• If, for some reason, he must run an errand and the carrier misses him on a given day the postman wouldn't even think of putting one of those yellow 'first delivery attempt missed' stickers on his door. He knows that the store will be open again tomorrow and he will just come back.

• Nothing ever gets left outside.

• Needless to say, this works just as well for UPS and FedEx.

It's not that hard for most to set up if they just thought about their friends. Many could have their packages shipped to where they work, also.