• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD PF: UltraFire 602A 1AA Cree XRE P4

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
$33 Shipped in the US!

Modded Ultrafire 602A 1AA light with Cree XRE Bin P4 WH.

Nice warm white tint, really makes all colors stand out nicely.
17mm IMS reflector modded to work with XRE.

Has tiny ding on tail cap from drop. One of the flats of the body has a dot worn from where I had a pocket clip on it (not included). I've sharpied them so they don't stand out that much. This was a EDC light, so it had some use! :)

I ran it on NiMH. 350ma goes to the LED. I did not try Li-ion, for fear of blowing up the circuit. Use at your own risk, but protected does not fit.

It's much smaller than a L1D-CE, shorter and less fat.
ultrafirexre2.jpg
ultrafirexre1.jpg

ultrafirexre-1.jpg

There is some rings in the beam typical of an XRE, and the hotspot isn't super smooth. There is a spot on the reflector where it's not perfecty shiny, from where I had to dremel the back to clear the LED wires and it got a little hot in that spot.

None of this affects it's usefullness, just won't win any white wall beauty contests!

ultrafirexre-3.jpg
ultrafirexre-5.jpg

1st one on this thread to say "I'll take it" Get's it. Then I'll PM you my PP address.

Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: UltraFire 602A 1AA Cree XRE P4

Have you, or will you, post how you did it ?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: UltraFire 602A 1AA Cree XRE P4

I posted somewhere I think. I can't remember. I basically dremeled out the heatsink so that the cree would fit flat, leaving a little bit of the original centering ring there to center it up/down but you still have to center it left/right then. I sniped off the corners of the xre, and AA epoxied it down. Then I took a IMS17mm, and drilled it open bigger so the xre would go inside, and then sanded down until it reached proper focus. I had to dremel out some of the reflectors back side to clear the wires going to the xre. Also you must sand a little around the outside top of the reflector to get it to fit inside the light, just take a little of the thickness off. The stock reflector can be modded too and make a decent beam, but is much harder to grind since it's a lot of aluminum you gotta grind.

Then I used 2 copper washers from car brake calipers with a stranded copper wire soldered between them as a spacer between the body and head to make contact (since the pill sits up further in the head now) and soldered a spring on the postive contact of the board.

That sums it up I think. :)