• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: WTB Mofo bezel for 27LT

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I PMed Yaesumofo for one, but if he cant come thorough I am looking for a Ti 27LT "Mofo" bezel. PM me if you have one you wanna sell. I also have a smoothy Aleph Ti 27mm bezel if anyone wants to trade, my bezel has a small scuff on it.

PIC courtesy of Yaesumofo.
thebeef.jpg

Last edited:

cqbdude

Enlightened
Re: WTB Mofo bezel for 27LT

You have any aleph parts to trade?
I have a new not been installed mofo bezel...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: WTB Mofo bezel for 27LT

Well, hell, I guess since there may be an issue of water tightness, I'll pass on this deal.....

Thanks anyways guys!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: RE-OPENED: WTB Mofo bezel for 27LT

These seem to fit with an larger O-ring, so I am looking for a Ti Mo-fo bezel. PM me if you have one you wanna sell.

chellyc

Enlightened

PSM,

Not to detract from your thread, but do you have specs and/or vendor for the proper o-ring? Thanks.

Chelly

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

chellyc said:
PSM,

Not to detract from your thread, but do you have specs and/or vendor for the proper o-ring? Thanks.

Chelly
Sure don't! But I'll worry about that later! :laughing:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMPORTANT EDIT THE NEW BEZELS I HAVE MADE ARE NOT TITANIUM!! THEY ARE STAINLESS STEEL.
the titanium parts were just way too expensive to make there was no upside in makinh these in ti. Stainless steel will more than look good it will perform the desired function extremely well.
MOFO

PSM. OK here is the deal. First of all I have at least 50 if the famous MOFO bezel sitting at the machine shop at this very moment. They will be available just as soon as I QC them and pack them in little baggies.
Second.
There are small variations in the 27LT's that Don has produced. The bezels have not changed yet the seal is not the same. Don told me that the internal dimensions have not changed. I have had reports that A larger (thicker) O-ring solves the issue and provides a perfectly excellent seal.
So if you are patient like a maybe a day or so you will be able to have a bezel which will take care of your needs.

I am quite sure that the "problem" is with the small amount of material removed from the bottom of the reflector. I believe the amount is 0.030" not much but obviously enough to make the difference between a perfect seal and not a perfect seal. Since there were so few of the "new" 27LT's made and the timing of these runs. I was not able to add .030" to the bezel. If I had they would not have been compatible wit the vast majority of the 27LT lights in the wild. Damned if I do damned if I don't.
Grab a bezel and an O-Ring and you will be happy.
I hope.
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

PSM Please do not think I am trying to take this off topic. I really want you to find the bezel you are looking for and i want it to work as intended.
MOfo

I am told that a number 27 o-ring is the way to go.
The o-ring you replace with the #27 should be the same size but the #27 should be slightly thicker that stock.
Most high quality hardware stores carry O-rings
Go to your neighborhood ACE and ask. You should be successful.
DO use extreme care removing the old one it can be quite tough to remove.
Use extreme care when lifting the coated ON ONE SIDE front glass. DO NOT RUB IT WITH ANYTHING the coating is easily ruined. DO all of this in as dust free an environment as possible. I often use my ACURA as a dust free zone as crazy as it sounds the filtered air in your modern car is a great place for messing with reflectors and the front end of flashlights.
Just my 27.5 cents worth.
Yaesumofo

chellyc said:
PSM,

Chelly

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

PM me when you get them James, I'll buy one. On the subject of reflectors, I put a lil loop of tape on the outside of the lens before I remove it, it is easy to mix up the sides, with tape on the outside, it would be difficult to mix it up! :)