Surefire question

Dustin Liu

Banned
Are all the lanyards from surefire the same size? To my understanding, it is just different accessories that come with the lanyards but all lanyards are the same size.
Is this correct?

:huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2:

thanks

greenLED

Flashaholic
All the grey ones I have are the same length, but I have an OD green one (that came with a spares carrier, IIRC) that is shorter.

Dustin Liu

Banned
Okay.. I guess my question is that all the ones that are made for flashlights are the same length. But the ones that come with the spares carrier are different length?

This that correct?

:huh2::huh2:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "OD"/gray ones that come with the spare carrier, which I think is the same as for the E series has a thingie that connects the ends(that's the Z50), while the black Z27(Z33 when paired with a Z26 lanyard ring) is about the same length, but has bare ends. Either can be cut to a desired length, and the ends melted.
I use, and have ordered, a couple of each at one point or another, or wouldn't be familiar with all these different numbers for a simple piece of paracord with a couple of ball cord locks.
Check out Lighthound.com's lanyard supplies section. You can mimic the SF stuff, plus add cool extras or choose colors.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't speak for anyone else, but I use them to keep from dropping/damaging/losing my lights. All of my users, from 1x123 to 4x123, have lanyards.
While I have particular lights that I use at work, I might use or compare any of them on a given night. I'm up on catwalks, climbing ladders, checking out an open tank, and open feed system throughout the night. A drop could be into moving machinery, a couple thousand gallons of industrial water and sulfuric acid, or 40ft. to concrete. I don't have to use my favorite and expensive lights, but they work best for me, so I do, and all it would take is one slip, and that expensive light could be gone for good. I don't care if my good lights get all beaten up, but I sure don't want to lose them.